• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Former Carolina Panther Devin Funchess

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, rbsponsel52 said:

You seem to have forgotten about the best WR we had in Steve Smith. He was not a bad draft pick. He was also small and dangerous to defend against.

Right and moose but that is two guys in 24 years. Moore and Samuel look legit but still 4 Good WRs in 24 years is not good

5 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Right and moose but that is two guys in 24 years. Moore and Samuel look legit but still 4 Good WRs in 24 years is not good

I've been telling everyone the same thing. I've been a fan since we got the team. Our offense has always been mediocre except for Cam's superman year. We have never been that great on offense imo.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Have said before: Funchess was looking like he was going to develop into a fine number two receiver until they traded Benjamin and tried to make him a number one.

Asking a complementary guy to be the main guy is what gets you the Buccaneers version of Alvin Harper rather than the Cowboys version.

This is on the money. I've got nothing but love for Funch. He wasn't cut out for the role we forced on him but unlike KB he really tried to be. It was a bad fit ultimately and I think he could still shine in the right environment. 

5 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

This is on the money. I've got nothing but love for Funch. He wasn't cut out for the role we forced on him but unlike KB he really tried to be. It was a bad fit ultimately and I think he could still shine in the right environment. 

He  could be like Ginn and go to another team and suddenly start catching 70%+ of his balls somehow

1 hour ago, steven8989 said:

Dude are you David Gettleman? You have literally took up for all the bad moves he has made with the guys he drafted or picked up. If not u must be part of his family.

great insight

you must have graduated at the top of your class

5 hours ago, bull123 said:

I always thought funchess played hard, as opposed to KB...I think he started pouting after he got benched after dropping all those passes in that one game this yr

Man stop it...I know the huddle is all on the lets trash KB because of what he said thing but,Funchess was no where near as dominate as KB was and didn't use his size half as well.

The thing about Funchess is that he's had a very low catch percentage with a high drop rate in every season but one. Sorry, but '17 was just a fluke for him. He's never going to be a consistent catcher of the football. Just watch him. He's not a natural catcher. Virtually every catch looks labored and like it's a 50/50 chance it'll end up on the turf.

11 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Yep anything is better than what you've brought to this site!

wow sick burn... the new kid on the block is all full of piss and vinegar!

why don’t you put that passion to good use and fetch me a coffee? it sure as hell would be more useful than your regurgitation of popular opinions.

Archived