• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AAF ratings are impressive.

Jeremy Igo

Yeah pretty good for them but I don't think that'll last. Some of it with the first week was curiousity and seeing what it was all about. Will be interesting to see how they do from here on out. Certainly doesn't hurt having more football in the year.

Great news, but Dan Lebatard pointed out the xfl did the same thing on its opening night then quickly fell off. Of course, that wasn’t really football like this is, so if their ratings can keep up while broadcasting in CBSSports Network, they will be around for a while. America loves football, ppl will watch. 

Just now, The Lobo said:

Great news, but Dan Lebatard pointed out the xfl did the same thing on its opening night then quickly fell off. Of course, that wasn’t really football like this is, so if their ratings can keep up while broadcasting in CBSSports Network, they will be around for a while. America loves football, ppl will watch. 

I was about to mention that too.

Granted, these guys weren't the absolute sh-t show that the XFL was. I didn't have to spend any time listening to Jerry Lawler slobber over cheerleaders.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I was about to mention that too.

Granted, these guys weren't the absolute sh-t show that the XFL was. I didn't have to spend any time listening to Jerry Lawler slobber over cheerleaders.

True, what’s helping this is real football. XFL will see success too if they are going to be what they say. 

It was entertaining, and they give you a reason, automatically, to root for a team.  Gamecock players seemed to have gotten sent to the Orlando Apollos for example.  So even though there is not a SC/NC based team, by default there is a team that is slanted towards getting players I am interested in following and cheering for.  That alone was brilliant.  It creates a fanbase for the teams outside of people living in the specific cities or following a couple big name players.

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Might be a great training ground for O-linemen, kickers and punters. Who knows, a QB might emerge from the ranks in time.

A season there for an UFA might be just enough on the resume to get a spot in an NFL training camp. 

I don't know about kickers...they eliminated the PA's and kickoffs. 

5 minutes ago, stankowalski said:

Why not?  Kickoff's are a waste of time now.  They've changed the rules enough to almost effectively eliminate them anyway.  Plus now it's virtually impossible to recover an onside kick.

I'd rather they fix those rules than eliminate the kickoff.

Archived