• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AAF thread... Anyone watching?

Jeremy Igo

I watched bits and pieces, and I was overall pretty impressed for what is effectively game 4 of the preseason.  I thought those games could sometimes be the most fun as guys went balls out to try to make plays and make film.  I was always rooting for those players.

I really hope they are able to stick around because it's better to have more football than less.  For these players, it's a chance to show what they can do.  Many of these guys were bubble players on the fringe of the NFL.  Now they can make a little money, have some nice benefits, and try to make a NFL roster.

But the league needs to fix it passing game.  It got kind of ugly...

They scored more ratings than the NBA primetime game. Nobody cares about the NBA so I wish they'd stop cramming it down our throats, ESPN. ESPN is also shitting on this league b/c they don't have the licensing. I also thought the AAF was supposed to have no NFL ties but I guess that changed.

26 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I watched bits and pieces, and I was overall pretty impressed for what is effectively game 4 of the preseason.  I thought those games could sometimes be the most fun as guys went balls out to try to make plays and make film.  I was always rooting for those players.

I really hope they are able to stick around because it's better to have more football than less.  For these players, it's a chance to show what they can do.  Many of these guys were bubble players on the fringe of the NFL.  Now they can make a little money, have some nice benefits, and try to make a NFL roster.

But the league needs to fix it passing game.  It got kind of ugly...

Heard in an interview with Ebersol that the players are fully insured, so if they do happen to get injured while playing in the AAF, they are fully covered from thereafter.  That is awesome.

My impression so far is that the league is much more pro-player and fan-driven.

9 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Heard in an interview with Ebersol that the players are fully insured, so if they do happen to get injured while playing in the AAF, they are fully covered from thereafter.  That is awesome.

My impression so far is that the league is much more pro-player and fan-driven.

That is so huge.  I just hope it sticks around.  A true developmental league for the NFL would be great for the NFL and fans.

Archived