• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AAF thread... Anyone watching?

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I thought it was really good. Far more entertaining than the Superbowl.

Agreed. I think they do a lot for their longevity by getting stats out/more available and promote the fantasy aspects. Gilbert had a slow start and seemed to improve a bunch but I can't find stats.

I like AAFs overtime format. Each time gets a chance to score starting in the redzone (10 yard line). If both teams score twice (mandatory 2-point conversion), then it’s a tie. In post season, they keep going back and forth until there’s a winner. 

5 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Defenses are only allowed to have 5 guys past the LoS at a time. That's interesting. Can't send everyone. Just 1 Blitzer.

They also can't blitz from the secondary, which makes the defense have to be more creative to send 5 and disguise it

I think the AAF has a real chance to succeed because they're not trying to trick themselves into being something they can't. They've said from the get go that it will be essentially AAA for the NFL to give players a chance to get reps and have better chances to get on NFL teams.

They're not going to try and be a direct competitor to the NFL like Vince McMahon wants his XFL to be. And they have a full season head start on the XFL

Alliance of American Football Excites With Big Plays, Big Ratings on Opening Night

The Alliance of American Football debuted on Saturday night, with a pair of games broadcast on CBS. The Orlando Apollos defeated the Atlanta Legends 40-6, while the San Antonio Commanders defeated the San Diego Fleet 15-6. 

There were plenty of highlights in the league's opening night. The Apollos — led by former Florida head coach Steve Spurrier — pulled off a "Philly Special" touchdown against Atlanta to end the first half, while the battle in San Antonio was defined by a string of big hits. 

Set all the games to record on DVR.  I like what I've seen so far and my interest was piqued after listening to interviews with Charlie Ebersol...  wish he could become the NFL Commish.  Very forward-thinking, innovative, and progressive in his approach to presenting and delivering the game to fans in possibly the purest form.  So far, so good.

Archived