• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Worse than Jake?

Hairless Cat

Here's the thing. There's NO upside to Jake. We know what we have with him. I literally cringe every time he goes back to pass. We don't know what we have with the other QB's so lets find out. If they suck, they suck... but as someone already pointed out... we already have the leagues Worst QB in Jake...

Jake was a better QB when everyone wanted Weinke. That was pretty stupid and it was proven so.

Do what? If Jake was playing well, fans wouldn't be wanting Weinke in there. The deal with Jake is, when he is playing well, he is as good as any QB, when he's playing bad, he looks like a rookie in his first start.

Reading this threads gets me angry and frustrated, again, at the total complete failure of Fox/Hurney to get and have a viable QB of the future on this team. They have tried - but obviously failed miserably.

I do not think Moore is the answer.... I am also officially off the Jake supporter bandwagon. Yesterday did it for me. He overthrew and missed two wide open receivers down the middle on those two easy picks. I hold my breath everytime he drops back to pass. He is done, and again I AM PISSED because there is no QB on this roster.

Sadly this season is lost. Fine, sure go ahead and play Moore but he will not be the starting QB next season. That person is not on the roster yet.

Reading this threads gets me angry and frustrated, again, at the total complete failure of Fox/Hurney to get and have a viable QB of the future on this team. They have tried - but obviously failed miserably.

I do not think Moore is the answer.... I am also officially off the Jake supporter bandwagon. Yesterday did it for me. He overthrew and missed two wide open receivers down the middle on those two easy picks. I hold my breath everytime he drops back to pass. He is done, and again I AM PISSED because there is no QB on this roster.

Sadly this season is lost. Fine, sure go ahead and play Moore but he will not be the starting QB next season. That person is not on the roster yet.

This makes me feel better :cryin: A quote from Gantt's recent blog:

-- Set Jake Delhomme aside for the moment, if there's a QB decision the Panthers have really screwed up in the last calendar year, it was putting backup Josh McCown on injured reserve after the opener with a sprained foot.

McCown's fine now, and could have played in Arizona (or probably Tampa).

But they panicked, they were afraid of what would happen with only Matt Moore in the short term, and signed A.J. Feeley.

McCown's a good, solid player -- the exact kind of quarterback they need right now. Delhomme used to be one. He hasn't been lately.

I wouldnt mind and prefer to see McCown over any of the QB's on the roster. Moore is so low in the Fox/Hurney's eyes they were to panicked if he had to play while McCown was recovering :eek:

i would have felt better with mccown. he shouldn't have been IR'ed. h at least would have been worth a shot. same with moore now.he deserves a shot. what's the worst that can happen? we lose? sorry, already happening.

it's time to move on. get rid of davidson and crossman while you're at it. if fox wants to keep his job he needs to make serious corrections there.

Archived