• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The case for BPA all day

Jeremy Igo

I prefer BPAF(or)U(s), which means fix the lines. Maybe safety after round 2-3 if someone good drops. Everything else is good enough for now and the draft isn't going to fix Cams shoulder, which is the real question mark. Obviously, if you have to reach and can't trade, you fall back to BPA or maybe steal someone you think a division rival needs.

On 2/6/2019 at 1:28 PM, Mr. Scot said:

That's how you bypass an Aaron Rodgers, though.

Or reach for a QB like a Blaine Gabbert or a Christian Ponder. If there is an Aaron Rodgers type sitting at the 16th pick then yes. I just don't see any in this draft. There's one, maybe two QBs that would be "ok" value at 16 in this one. There are 7-8 DEs and 4-5 DTs that would be great value at 16 though - and likely day one starters. Any QB drafted this season wouldn't even have a chance to start until week 16, at best. And that's assuming that Cam's arm has literally fallen off of his body and Ron can't duct tape it back.

17 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Think this draft is going to be defensive minded, early and often. exception might be a first round ot if one fits the grade. 

Same

Early defense minded as in 1st round.  Only one I dont see them look is LB.  Rivera likes LBs who can cover.  See TD, Luke, and Shaq coming out.  White is a Stud, BUT a liability in coverage he showed this year.

I think we hit OL hard right after.  In the 2nd and/or 3rd.  They seem to have mentioned really needing to fix the OL, and there is Real good value there

Now they trade down, itd be hard to pass up a OL OR even a TE in the bottom of the 1st.  This TE class is being overshadowed by the DL/edge guys.  But this TE class rivals the one with OJ Howard, Njoku, Evan Engram, And Kittle.  Its stacked. 

I love this Hockenson kid, he's Gronk 2.0, but the rest of the class has some STUDS

Also this WR class is probably one of the better ones in awhile.  With DK Metcalf possibly going as high as top 5.  Dude has been cleared by doctors from his neck injury that made him miss this year.  But he is rumored 6'4 230 and running in the low 4.4s.  Also have Antonio Browns cousin at Oklahoma who is going to be a low 4.3 guy and people say reminds of a young Deashawn Jackson coming out.

Archived