• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The case for BPA all day

Jeremy Igo

So, here is one nice thing about having an older roster that is lacking in talent at so many positions... You truly can grab the BPA in every round and it is highly likely you need him.

Take a moment and think about a position on the field the Panthers could not use a first rounder.

Probably not RB. Other than that? I honestly can't think of a position the Panthers could not use. Help me out.

26 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

So, here is one nice thing about having an older roster that is lacking in talent at so many positions... You truly can grab the BPA in every round and it is highly likely you need him.

Take a moment and think about a position on the field the Panthers could not use a first rounder.

Probably not RB. Other than that? I honestly can't think of a position the Panthers could not use. Help me out.

WR in rounds 1-2

Just now, ForJimmy said:

WR or TE early. Our other needs seem much more pressing to waste an early pick on a luxury pick...

I would not pass up a stud taller receiver or an athletic tight end. Thomas showed potential but a top tight end in the draft giving us two tight end sets in the long term would be shweeet.

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I would not pass up a stud taller receiver or an athletic tight end. Thomas showed potential but a top tight end in the draft giving us two tight end sets in the long term would be shweeet.

TE yes

Im actually Loving this Hockenson kid, reminds me of Baby Gronk 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-draft-iowas-t-j-hockenson-is-destroyer-of-worlds-as-a-blocker-dynamic-pass-catcher/

But WR, when we have such pressing needs elsewhere on D and OL.  Can still go BPA for a Tall receiver later in the Draft, but rounds 1-2. When you need at least 2 impact starters at those other holes

So...we want everything except Oline now? The mantra around here for weeks and months was protect Cam.  Last year in preseason it was give Cam weapons. He got them to throw and off to. Now people want to talk about tight ends and tall receivers...when our franchise QB is coming off the SECOND surgery on the SAME shoulder? No, lets get a DT or DE. Fug our athletic QB...he can run!!!

You all are not serious are you? 

Archived