• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dating...

Jeremy Igo

49 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

i feel attacked

haha I wasn't even thinking of you and really you did wait quite a while to talk about it. It made me sad since I got to meet the both of you in Jacksonville. I do think that it was a good idea to post the stuff you do with your daughter to your friends, I was lucky that custody and all that was not an issue with my ex and I.  I have friends that have posted hit pieces on their exes on FB, and whether they deserve it or not, it's not a good idea to air those kinds of grievances publicly.

16 hours ago, blackcat said:

Ride on down to Bedtyme Stories outside of Blacksburg and spoil her.  Proceed to nearest truck stop (exit 100 I think) and shower together in the Trucker Showers.  Then treat her to whatever she'd like at Denny's as long as it's under $3.99.

that sounds like a great time, you free this weekend?

11 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

haha I wasn't even thinking of you and really you did wait quite a while to talk about it. It made me sad since I got to meet the both of you in Jacksonville. I do think that it was a good idea to post the stuff you do with your daughter to your friends, I was lucky that custody and all that was not an issue with my ex and I.  I have friends that have posted hit pieces on their exes on FB, and whether they deserve it or not, it's not a good idea to air those kinds of grievances publicly.

it had to happen. too much misinformation floating around.

I didn't know you were dealing with all that yourself - seems like you're doing okay on the other side of it all, good on you.

- Take her to see some fights at CenterStage NoDa, near your studio. Fight Lab and Christy Martin have started putting together some really entertaining regional cards.

- Do a cooking class at Chef Alyssa's or Johnson & Wales. 

- We like to do dinner and drinks at Aria or Capital Grille followed by a show at Blumenthal. 

- Get a massage at the Ritz and then sit and drink at the pool all day. 

Some quick overnight trips my wife and I enjoy, and did a lot more when we were dating:

Drive up to the Blue Ridge Parkway, do some hiking, head into a town for dinner and stay at a bed and breakfast. Get up, hike some more and drive home. 

Spend a day walking around the River Arts District in West Asheville. 

We also like to do weekend trips to resorts in this region during the colder months. Spend a weekend at the Grove Park Inn. We have a blast jockeying for rocking chairs in front of the fireplaces in the lobby, spending a day drinking and relaxing in their spa's heated pools, eating great food with views of Asheville all over the property, and checking out the piano bar they have in their basement. 

For a step up from that, at a more secluded resort, check out Primland: https://primland.com/

Me and the gf did alot of bar stuff at first.  Then I decided to quit pissing away my money.  

Got her a little crf150 now we go riding on the weekends along with work around the house and an occasional trip.  Still go hit a bar or catch a show now and then but mostly enjoy each others time.  Not real sure why I'm not married.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Yall making me nervous, I’m getting married next month. Nothing but good signs though. Do things change a lot?

Depends on you two.

I enjoy married life more than dating, or when I dated this one.  But I gotta good one, and I treat her as such.  Some of my friends that are married aren't nearly as happy and content as we are.  Again, it's up to you.

During the winter, we don't go on "dates" as much.  However Spring through late fall we are out and about all the time.  A lot of our dates are outdoors, and involve the water, boating, fishing, weekend trips to other coastal towns, diving, etc....

So, if I were living in Charlotte, and thank goodness I'm not, I would probably be on the lake or at the whitewater place a lot with my wife/GF.

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

Yall making me nervous, I’m getting married next month. Nothing but good signs though. Do things change a lot?

That’s a loaded question. To keep it simple I’d say yes, things change. Right now, is she someone who worth changing with and for? If yes then that’s a great start. 

15 hours ago, Hotsauce said:

My buddy, a surgeon, is single and is 39. I went out with him and his 22 year old girl friend on Tuesday that he met on Bumble. 

Has nothing to do with divorce, but he said the dating apps are legit 

Bumble is my bread and butter. Or should I say honey?

Screenshot_20190126-103117_Bumble.thumb.jpg.ebb59089c63399a0a06a61d89e3a2a82.jpg

On 1/24/2019 at 11:15 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Been dating a gal for a few months now. Was very weird after being married for a long time.

Hit me up with some night on the town date ideas.

Dating at your age is basically just two people hanging out talking about how much fun they used to be and what foods they can no longer eat. 

Archived