• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Say what? KK Short is going to the probowl

Jeremy Igo

16 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Replacing Aaron Donald.

Deserved?

In terms of skill yea but after the Dallas game he was the focus of the OL as no one else on our DL can do anything worth a poo. He still had respectable TFL but DL is about as weak as is possible for a professional team.

The only player on our entire defense that Offenses even care about, are scared of, or notice is Luke...can see it in the game replays but we have such utter weaknesses good teams focus laser like on those like Munnerlyn in the slot...any competent team just throws slants until they score on Capt.

My immediate response is the same as it was over 20 years ago when I was moving to Virginia and got within range of a DC-based sports radio station.  They were crowing about some QB named Gus Frerotte, who was apparently a combination of Joe Montana, Dan Marino, John Elway, and a predecessor of Tom Brady.

My thought was that there must be two Gus Frerotte's, because the one I know of was not nearly as good as the one they were talking about.

Is there another KK Short somewhere that I missed?

Although, the Short I know of is closer to the Pro Bowl than the Frerotte I knew to the one they were talking about.

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

My immediate response is the same as it was over 20 years ago when I was moving to Virginia and got within range of a DC-based sports radio station.  They were crowing about some QB named Gus Frerotte, who was apparently a combination of Joe Montana, Dan Marino, John Elway, and a predecessor of Tom Brady.

My thought was that there must be two Gus Frerotte's, because the one I know of was not nearly as good as the one they were talking about.

Although, the Short I know of is closer to the Pro Bowl than the Frerotte I knew to the one they were talking about.

Gus Frerotte basically ended his nfl career by head butting a wall in celebration and causing damage to his c spine.

Just now, electro's horse said:

Gus Frerotte basically ended his nfl career by head butting a wall in celebration and causing damage to his c spine.

That is the one I knew of when I moved there.  I have no idea what happened to the other one they were talking about, because he was far too smart and composed to do something that stupid.

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I'd add that Short never gave himself a concussion by head butting a wall.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd add that Short never gave himself a concussion by head butting a wall.

And I never sacked KK in a peewee football game. Wow, that was forever ago. He was a whiny little boy then. 

When I was back home 20 years later, my cousin was like “want to meet Gus”? I had been drinking and knew I couldn’t resist making fun of him so I just stayed away. All I could see was the “head butt”. 

Archived