• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official AFC Championship Game thread

Jeremy Igo

21 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

I respectfully disagree. The roughing the passer call changed the situation from 4th and long, Patriots would have punted, to a first down which the Patriots took advantage of and scored to tie the game. Without that call, I think the CHiefs would have held on in regulation and won. 

I appreciate that but you're speculating just like everyone else. As it was, the Chiefs (and Saints) had plenty of chances to win both with and without that call and didn't. 

I live in KC, born and raised here. Most fans here, while recognizing the call was crap, are of the same opinion. 

12 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

Suh and Darnold in Brady’s face all day, I like the Rams chances and I really think they’ll win.

When  did the Jets QB get on the Rams roster? :p

Middle pressure is the best way to affect Brady, but Chris Jones is pretty good and didn't get to Brady (i know he's listed as a DE but rushes more like a 43 DT in the Chiefs 34 scheme). It won't matter either way if the Rams can't move the ball on offense. 

28 minutes ago, trueblade said:

When  did the Jets QB get on the Rams roster? :p

Middle pressure is the best way to affect Brady, but Chris Jones is pretty good and didn't get to Brady (i know he's listed as a DE but rushes more like a 43 DT in the Chiefs 34 scheme). It won't matter either way if the Rams can't move the ball on offense. 

Thanks for the correction 

33 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I appreciate that but you're speculating just like everyone else. As it was, the Chiefs (and Saints) had plenty of chances to win both with and without that call and didn't. 

I live in KC, born and raised here. Most fans here, while recognizing the call was crap, are of the same opinion. 

I’m glad you are Ok with it. Let me ask you this, did you think Edelman touched the ball on the punt return turnover? Nevermind Brady gave it back to you.

5 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

I’m glad you are Ok with it. Let me ask you this, did you think Edelman touched the ball on the punt return turnover? Nevermind Brady gave it back to you.

Edelman, somehow and by the grace of some unknown power, didn't touch the ball despite doing his best Bersin and Kyle Williams impression. Pretty clear to see on the replays.

And by "gave it back to you" I take that to mean I'm a Chiefs fan, which I'm not. Bleeding Panthers blue since '95. Most everyone I interact with though is a Chiefs fan and we watched the game at our neighbor's house with a bunch of diehard Chiefs fans.   

Archived