• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official AFC Championship Game thread

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Panthers2019 said:

bs jake delhomme went toe to toe with brady in our superbowl just got unlucky that we did'n have the ball last and fox for being a dumbass going for 2.

Jake sure did do that and personally I think he might be worth considering for the Ring of Honor....

....but he ain't "a QB like Brady", not even in the same universe.

Original poster is correct, odds are almost zero that the Panthers will ever have "a QB like Brady", but we are not alone there.  Brady is in a class by himself.

It's worth noting here, this is the 10th Super Bowl for the Patriotss under Robert Kraft's ownership (started with 1994 season).  Kraft bought the team 1-year before Richardson fired up the Panthers. 

Competition in the NFL takes place from the owners office all the way down to the weight staff, and in every department in between.  Richardson could not compete with Kraft. 

Tepper can, patience folks, good times are on the way!

Dee Ford...FFS it's literally the easiest thing to do in all of sports....stay onside lol wtf....this is why the Pats are always great they are smarter at every level and don't make those kinds of mistakes to lose games.

The Chiefs also played the worst defense I've seen since Washington's incompetent self and shows why Andy Reid always loses these big games. Doesn't call any timeouts to rest his defense or tell his defense to guard literally anyone as a start. But you know the ball is going to Gronk and you just leave him single covered with a S the whole time with the game on the line lol....just incompetence.

No one could beat you deep on NE but htey played 2 deep S the entire OT....that's Ron/Washington level of ineptitude....Andy Reid is just a good OC he just sits there like Rivera's stupid ass when the game just passes him by and he just takes the L....I mean was he trying to take those TOs with him to fugin bed tonight with him?

I swear it's funny to hear people still say poo like fans don't know or couldn't coach rofl...I'd easily do a better job in that situation than...oh...NOTHING...just bizarre that a professional like Reid and Ron and Washington can make such incompetent none moves...I mean literally a scarecrow can just sit on the sidelines and watch the team lose. DO SOMETHING ANYTHING ANYTHING BUT THE NOTHING YOU DID...wtf...

2 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Jake sure did do that and personally I think he might be worth considering for the Ring of Honor....

....but he ain't "a QB like Brady", not even in the same universe.

Original poster is correct, odds are almost zero that the Panthers will ever have "a QB like Brady", but we are not alone there.  Brady is in a class by himself.

It's worth noting here, this is the 10th Super Bowl for the Patriotss under Robert Kraft's ownership (started with 1994 season).  Kraft bought the team 1-year before Richardson fired up the Panthers. 

Competition in the NFL takes place from the owners office all the way down to the weight staff, and in every department in between.  Richardson could not compete with Kraft. 

Tepper can, patience folks, good times are on the way!

The Pats are a helluva organization for sure, but landing Tom Brady in the 6th round is just horse poo luck. They also get a huge benefit of playing in a division that's a dumpster fire year after year. I always chuckle when posters here brag about the NFC South being strong or being predicted to be strong. Please, I'll happily take a horrible division. Hell, we made the playoffs at 7-8-1 one year. Give me a division every year where that record wins it and I'll be thrilled.

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

Dee Ford...FFS it's literally the easiest thing to do in all of sports....stay onside lol wtf....this is why the Pats are always great they are smarter at every level and don't make those kinds of mistakes to lose games.

The Chiefs also played the worst defense I've seen since Washington's incompetent self and shows why Andy Reid always loses these big games. Doesn't call any timeouts to rest his defense or tell his defense to guard literally anyone as a start. But you know the ball is going to Gronk and you just leave him single covered with a S the whole time with the game on the line lol....just incompetence.

No one could beat you deep on NE but htey played 2 deep S the entire OT....that's Ron/Washington level of ineptitude....Andy Reid is just a good OC he just sits there like Rivera's stupid ass when the game just passes him by and he just takes the L....I mean was he trying to take those TOs with him to fugin bed tonight with him?

I swear it's funny to hear people still say poo like fans don't know or couldn't coach rofl...I'd easily do a better job in that situation than...oh...NOTHING...just bizarre that a professional like Reid and Ron and Washington can make such incompetent none moves...I mean literally a scarecrow can just sit on the sidelines and watch the team lose. DO SOMETHING ANYTHING ANYTHING BUT THE NOTHING YOU DID...wtf...

It's not like Ford even jumped early. I mean, I can forgive a guy for committing a penalty while trying to make a play. Thats gonna happen from time to time. Thats just football. But lining up offsides? C'mon man...

28 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Officiating gave NE the game in the 4th quarter. OT was just a formality.

Edelman muffed the punt- not enough to overturn call.

Brady was not hit in head.

Incomplete pass.

All on the same drive.

Wasnt on the same drive. Edelman's muffed punt was followed by a KC INT which they scored on so it didnt hurt KC in the slightest. Plus, he didn't touch it. Lucky as fug that he didn't, but he didn't. Pass to Hogan was close but can see why they stood with it, hard to overturn. RTP was bullshit, agreed, bad call there.

2 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Wasnt on the same drive. Edelman's muffed punt was followed by a KC INT which they scored on so it didnt hurt KC in the slightest. Plus, he didn't touch it. Lucky as fug that he didn't, but he didn't. Pass to Hogan was close but can see why they stood with it, hard to overturn. RTP was bullshit, agreed, bad call there.

And none of that matters if an idiot just stays onsides....which is the easiest 'play' to make in the history of all sports ever. Literally standing or getting into a stance back behind a line is as easy a thing to do as there is in humanity.....kindygardeners can do it...lol just fugin dumb and you deserve to lose when you do poo like that 

17 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

What does he eat if I may ask?

Like vegan but some fish sometimes is ok, at least 1 gallon of water but more like 2, no starch, dairy, glutens,. No nightshade veggies like peppers and tomatoes. Fruit smoothies, protein, green vegetables, lots of nuts. Coconut oil is what you each, nothing else except some olive oil to cook with. 

basically anything that smells like it causes inflammation get rid of it.

i started with cold pressed coconut oil and a vegan protein, 4-5 shakes a day for a week with superfood to clean myself out then worked in some small meals. I’m down to 3 shakes and 2 small meals a day.  I was pain free that first week.

I have had a total of 3 Big Macs in 4 weeks as cheats, nothing else— and I did eat popcorn a few times. 

So far, 11 pounds off, but I’m stronger, pain free(and I’ve had 4 back surgeries)

My brother does all that with intermittent fasting, same diet but no shakes except once in awhile, he’s 6 months in and dropped 40 pounds. 

I’ve got a long way to go.

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Pats are a helluva organization for sure, but landing Tom Brady in the 6th round is just horse poo luck. They also get a huge benefit of playing in a division that's a dumpster fire year after year. I always chuckle when posters here brag about the NFC South being strong or being predicted to be strong. Please, I'll happily take a horrible division. Hell, we made the playoffs at 7-8-1 one year. Give me a division every year where that record wins it and I'll be thrilled.

Good points all.

As for landing Brady being luck, possibly you are correct, but given the Patriots track record over the last 25 years I'm willing to consider the likelihood that they just know better vs. everyone else.

Brady is the poster child for the 2 key traits a QB needs in order to truly excel in the NFL --- (i) tremendous intellectual horsepower, and (ii) complete control of the passing arsenal including pin-point accuracy.

The dude is old, slow, weak, goofy, can't run and does have a half decent golf swing...

...but, he has the 2 key traits that matters, and in spades. 

Shame Trevor Lawrence can't jump into the league right away...

Archived