• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ring of Honor expanding

JawnyBlaze

9 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

He wasn't a great player though. If you let Jake in you let in a dozen or so other good players on his level.

I'm not so sure.   Jake had the number 1 receiver in the league two years with two different receivers, with Smith and Moose.   The Moose year there was not much else when it comes to receivers.   Moose didn't do anything after that one year.    This was on a team with Fox and Henning coaching and a run-first team.     I'm not sure he should be on the ROH, but I think fans tend to sale Jake short.     Without the injury, he probably has some more good years especially when the league started going to a pass league.  

Peppers is a first ballot HOFer and we're not sure he should be on the Panthers ring of honor? This guy was a league MVP candidate as defensive player during his first stint here. Considered the best defensive player in the NFL a few seasons. And this was back when you could actually play defense. He's first in my opinion, then Smitty, then Gross. Love TD, but not sure if he should be ROH. 

9 hours ago, ImfromClayton said:

This thing needs to be exclusive AF.  When you used to go to the Georgia Dome and they had theirs in the rafters, half those guys sucked. I don’t want to be that franchise. 

Steve Smith, Peppers, TD. MAYBE John Kasey. That’s it rn. 

I even understand why some don’t want peppers. Too few is better than too many in this circumstance. 

Steroid cheats should not be considered for the Ring of Honor, in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Peppers is a first ballot HOFer and we're not sure he should be on the Panthers ring of honor? This guy was a league MVP candidate as defensive player during his first stint here. Considered the best defensive player in the NFL a few seasons. And this was back when you could actually play defense. He's first in my opinion, then Smitty, then Gross. Love TD, but not sure if he should be ROH. 

No.  Steroid cheat.  Removes him for consideration, IMHO.

10 hours ago, luke nukem said:

Jake is the prime example of why a ring of honor exist. He guided the Franchise to its first every SB appearance, that alone should get him a spot.

Jake won 59% of his games and took the team to a Super Bowl.

Cam has won 56% of his games and took the team to a Super Bowl.

Both or neither?

13 hours ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Jake won 59% of his games and took the team to a Super Bowl.

Cam has won 56% of his games and took the team to a Super Bowl.

Both or neither?

Can you touch on the NFL records that Jake currently holds?

And highlight the ones that will likely never be broken. Also please touch on NFL awards.

Then go through Panthers records?

MVP season? 

Yeah.

Nice try though.

jake doesn’t belong in the ring of honor.

Smitty, maybe Gross, and of course Davis and Peppers once they hang them up are the only three that should be added at this point.

Olsen is also a toss up. 

Ring of Honor should be a very exclusive list, otherwise it defeats the purpose.

Smith, Pep, Gross no doubt.

I also think Jake should be in there.  Though he wasn't one of the big name QBs but he filled our QB position from 2003-2009 as the #1 QB.   He was the #1 Cardic Cat.  His fire and drive made the times with the Panthers fun.  I hope he gets a spot on it. 

The ring of fame isn't the Ring of HOFer but those that remind us great times as a Panther.

What should the criteria be to get in?

IMO

I think first off the player must be thought of as a Carolina Panther.  In the case of Peepers it could go either way, but I think because he started and finished here that he is a Panther.

Second, they have to mean a lot to the team and the community

Third comes on the field performances. 

So IMO Davis, Smith, Pep, Kalil and Gross belong. Maybe even Kasay or Jake. 

Archived