• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should Ace Aladdin be banned?

Jeremy Igo

Well?  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Ban Him?

• Hell Yes
    • Hell No

5 hours ago, Basbear said:

You must be new to the interdwebz........ I believed this ten+ years ago, then found out 98.76% of the world wide web is complaining, (fake and forced)drama, bragging, and shitposting. This very popular thread is another example, back in my hole I go.....

it's always been this way...been on long enough to know that and was even using the term interwebz when that was a popular meme in the early 2000's.  the unintentional comedy it provides is why i love it even more.

also, i'm against banning not for the reasons i mentioned above but because of the philosophical reasons i mentioned in the post to which you replied.

in the early stages of the internet nothing was banned, it wasn't even considered.  most back then had the dream of a truly open source of information free to all.  sadly, this is no longer the case and lots of people want to ban what they don't like or something that clashes with their worldview (cognitive dissonance is the norm now).  free, open information is considered dangerous to those trying to control what the majority thinks.  see the documentary "The Internet's Own Boy" about the creator of reddit and compare his views with what reddit is today. i guess my views are due to the amount of time i've been on the internet, knowing what it was back then and seeing what it has become.  i realize i'm in the minority in this respect, with this thread being an example.

obviously, this is just a forum for an NFL team we all like, so if some posters are banned it won't affect me one bit, but the OP is about banning and i shared my views on the matter.

In some way I hope this post was a test to see how many posters could turn it into a sh*t show so we could ban them all and weed this bs out.

Could we just start banning people who bring political bs to the main forums in general? Seems like if you critique Cam once or say you want to upgrade from Reid then you’re automatically a racist. On the flip side, this is the internet so some trolls enjoy saying racist sh*t. Can we just ban the parties on either side? I would post an awful lot more if we could just get back to talking football again. 

Go Liverpool. YNWA. 4 points on top.

Archived