• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera must know this is his last chance, right?

Jeremy Igo

He has to.  I still think Norv is what saved his job.  If Shula would have been here I think he would have been fired.

At the beginning of the season Norv seemed to be doing some good things with Cam and I'm sure that is what was sold to the owner at the end of the year.  Going to a new coach would just be a new system for Cam to learn.

In some ways the decision to keep Ron was done with Cam as the main reason.  Not saying that is correct but it could be a valid argument.

2 hours ago, tondi said:

Keeping him around only makes some sense if we already suspect we won't have Cam next year and want him to be the lame duck coach for a terrible season, just like Fox's last year trying to win games with Pickles. 

This is so different than Fox's lame duck season.  Fox was entering the last year of his contract and was told by Richardson that he was not going to be extended before the season started.  Rivera just signed an extension before this season and still has 2 years left.  Buying a team and 7 months later firing a coach with 26 million still left to be paid makes no business sense.  Before you compare Richardson and Tepper, realize Fox was on his last year and Ron has 2 years left.  If Rivera has a shitty season next year and is kept anyway but then told he would not be extended after that season, then Rivera would be a lame duck coach.  But, he is not one now.

11 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Is there any doubt that Rivera knows he will start the 2019 season with his seat uncomfortably warm? 

How many "last chances" has Ron Milquetoast "I would have taken a shot too!" Rivera survived in 8 years, I wonder?

Way too many for the good of this damn franchise, I know that.

11 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Maybe it's not, he is under contract for 2 more seasons.  Don't be surprised if he is here still after next season

If, as expected, the Panther's flush down the toilet bowl in 2019, I'm going all-in on keeping Ron for that last year.

Why?  Because all these Rivera fluffers in this forum that can't stop fondling the man's smaller-than-average testicles (as proven by his repeated lack of testosterone while making calls as the head coach) will FINALLY start calling for his head, and FUG them.

14 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

yo ron wasted a potential HOF QB lmao and then he had a top 10 all time MLB in the very next draft and he still couldnt do poo because he was playing assholes like devin funchess and nakamura.

And look how long it took for him to fire Mike Shula. I can't stand Ron Rivera.

13 hours ago, trueblade said:

I would think this is a factor. Remember the stories about Tepper's extreme frugality that we discussed during the sales process. 

That was because he knew no one else was real. He knew he had the sale wrapped up. If he's so cheap than to,fire a head coach then we are going to suffer long and hard.

3 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

yo ron wasted a potential HOF QB lmao and then he had a top 10 all time MLB in the very next draft and he still couldnt do poo because he was playing assholes like devin funchess and nakamura.

Any half decent coach would have won two Super Bowls by now. It's like having Donovan McNabb and Brian Urlacher at the same time and only winning 4 years out of 10

Archived