• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera must know this is his last chance, right?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Having to pay Ron 26 mil to not coach the Panthers wouldnt sit well with Tepper.  I'm not saying thats the reason Ron wasnt fired, but it makes sense

I would think this is a factor. Remember the stories about Tepper's extreme frugality that we discussed during the sales process. 

I haven't seen anything that indicates Rivera isn't completely oblivious to reality. Without Cam, this dude would have washed out as a HC years ago. I expect at the time of his firing his facial expression to closely resemble the face of a puppy that crapped on the floor and doesn't understand why it's being forced outside. 

Ron's agenda

Meeting with New Owner Tepper

Sometime in November/December

I. Reasons we lost 7 and beat New Orleans' practice squad during the second half of the season.

A. David Gettlemen.  (Ron blamed the players a lot throughout the season; I am willing to bet DG took the heat--remember, the  fact that the  players suck is partially on the Coaching staff.)

B. No Indoor Practice facility (Did you notice the press coverage when the Panthers moved practice indoors to the  Convention Center or wherever it was?  Not by accident.  Now we are talking about building one)

C. Assistant Coaches (Some were fired and more changes of that nature to follow).

D.  Cam's shoulder (See A--no players who could give us a chance to win behind Cam--playing hurt was better than going with a frail #2 QB from ODU.)

Tepper must have bought it.

1 hour ago, Eazy-E said:

Unless some extreme changes happen I can’t see this team with a winning record next season. That means Ron is going to survive back to back losing seasons. I have zero faith in Tepper after the way this offseason has been handled so I’m fully expecting to see Ron coach out his contract at this point.

I think I’m going to be sick.

I can only hope JR forced Tepper to keep Hurney and Rivera through their contracts, when the team was sold. Otherwise I'm puzzled.

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Yep he will two more years no matter what. Tepper seems to be Jerry Richardson 2.0

This comment has zero value and nonsense. Tepper hasn't even been our owner a full year yet and you insult him with being like JR. He needs to evaluate how things go in upcoming season before he can make adjustments to salvage this team. Don't condemn Tepper when you know nothing about him and what he will do or what he has planned. Wait and watch to see what happens when the new season starts.

27 minutes ago, rbsponsel52 said:

This comment has zero value and nonsense. Tepper hasn't even been our owner a full year yet and you insult him with being like JR. He needs to evaluate how things go in upcoming season before he can make adjustments to salvage this team. Don't condemn Tepper when you know nothing about him and what he will do or what he has planned. Wait and watch to see what happens when the new season starts.

Many fans already adore this guy because of a midfield logo swap and some tailgating photo ops. 

I’m gonna follow your advice and “wait to see” before getting the anointing oil out. 

Archived