• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera must know this is his last chance, right?

Jeremy Igo

Had to double check the date stamp on this thread. I was made to believe 2018 was his “last chance.”

Who knows.

I have no clue what ownership will deem acceptable for continuation of employment. If “the Steeler way” is the model, Tepper should take note that Pittsburgh has had one losing season over the last 20 years. Standing pat has worked for them, because they never truly suck. 

A 7-game skid should have everyone on high alert.

I get that, but Darin Gantt has said that Rivera taking over the defense was also about protecting Eric Washington.

In a similar manner, you can see the hiring of a new secondary coach (thus returning Richard Rodgers to the less visible assistant role) as a way of protecting Rodgers from scrutiny if the secondary looks bad.

If Rivera was told he needs to concentrate less on protecting his friends, he certainly doesn't seem to have taken it to heart.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Is it?

If you could watch this epic disaster of a season, look at Rivera and Hurney's record together and still think "nah, we're good", what guarantee is there another losing season changes anything?

Yep he will two more years no matter what. Tepper seems to be Jerry Richardson 2.0

Archived