• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Falcons are doing something we absolutely should do.

Jeremy Igo

ron is about to have his mind consumed with calling plays in addition to all the other stuff he's traditionally been bad at handling. having someone to alleviate the pressure and improve a notorious area of weakness seems like a no-brainer to me.

34 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Falcons have hired a dedicated assistant to assist Quinn with clock management and challenges. 

This is a no brainier for Rivera. My God does he need this.

Clock issues run rampant for the Andy Reid coaching tree...Nagy screwed up big time Sunday. Reid will have a clock snafu on Saturday that will cost his team the game. 

Ron, for the love of God hire a clock assistant!

Actually a few teams are doing this. Rams did this last year. Patriots have always had someone on the sideline with this specific role. You traditionally see this on teams where the coaches make the play calls. 

I do not doubt for a second that we will have someone on the sideline handling this next season.

36 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

If Tepper is really as impressed with Ron as he seems to be then it’ll get done. If this is just a lame duck season then Ron continues to screw up game management.

i've been seeing this lame duck season thing quite a bit... Ron has two years left, why do we continue to call it a lame duck season..., wouldn't next year technically be a lame duck?

40 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Falcons have hired a dedicated assistant to assist Quinn with clock management and challenges. 

Every team should do this. Rivera definitely does, but most coaches are really bad at it to be fair

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Actually a few teams are doing this. Rams did this last year. Patriots have always had someone on the sideline with this specific role. You traditionally see this on teams where the coaches make the play calls. 

I do not doubt for a second that we will have someone on the sideline handling this next season.

Again, Ron Rivera does have an assistant coach in charge of the clock and challenges.  Not sure why Igo doesn't know that but it's Jim Skipper.

Just like many other teams, THIS IS A THING ALREADY here and has been for awhile. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Rockets said:

Again, Ron Rivera does have an assistant coach in charge of the clock and challenges.  Not sure why Igo doesn't know that but it's Jim Skipper.

Just like many other teams, THIS IS A THING ALREADY here and has been for awhile. 

Very well could be, I didn't realize that, but I'm not surprised.

What I am surprised about is just how bad Ron is, if he has that person on staff....and for that matter just how bad at this Ron is after being a HC for 8 seasons.  He, and Andy Reid like him, do NOT learn.

21 minutes ago, PurityControl said:

Not Wilks, watched a handful of AZ games this year he was as bad as RR. 

Pagano though sounds good. 

I didn’t see a single Cards game this year so never saw that but yeah I’m hoping we get Pagano for whatever role he’s interviewing for

5 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

ron needs to hire an assistant for a lot of things

I wish he would hire an assistant to take over as Head Coach and then he and the ol' ball-and-chain can move to Louisville, wear gaudy hats, and sip on mint julips.

He's a lot better at that anyway.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

When Rivera was asked why he did not make a change when he realized Cam's arm was sore, he replied, "I held up my hand toward the umpire and walked out toward the mound before the guy in the zebra shirt stopped me--what more do you want?"

1 hour ago, Johnny Rockets said:

Not sure why you say this, it's already one of Jim Skippers responsibilities. No? I have heard it brought up on more than one occasion (not here).  Ron has had him in that role for the last few years. 

Maybe he needs to change it up but he has had an assistant in charge of clock and challenges. 

I'd say he didn't do a great job of it.

Archived