• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tampa Bay hires Bruce Arians as head coach

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Bottom line is there is little doubt that Tampa Bay improves with this news. Arians is a good coach, something the Bucs haven't had since Tony Dungy.

I don’t think Arians will be around long enough to be a real threat. And Rivera always outcoaches Arians... only game he lost to him I think was early 2013 in a game where Cam was terrible 

It will interesting to see how he does in TB with different owners and front office. Arizona is super weird, I mean they kept their GM and that dude is super embarrassing after his last year. Wilks hire and DWI. This could go either way.

8 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Bruce Arians is now head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

This improves the Bucs tremendously. No way around it. Arians is a solid coach with a lot of young talent on that team.

Not great news for the Panthers, when lately have struggled with the Bucs under a bad head coach.

Good luck to him. The Bucs have killed many a promising coach. 

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Arians and Jameis could be interesting 

Signs point to them drafting a LT in the 1st round.  The current LT has been trash and is a FA.  Now the new coach says they want to focus building the team around Winston

That Spell O. T

On NFL radio this morning was discussion on the hire in TB and talked about Arians even accepting the job as HC since he was a senior citizen and was all about retirement and having health issues among a few other things but took this turn to return as a HC. It seems he felt health issues and age wouldn't stop him from coming back in as a HC again.

Brees > Ryan > Winston.

N.O > Atl > TB.

There is this quote I have from Arians floating around in my head. During the Az/Car playoff game he said "Are they that good, or are we that bad?" when we were obliterating them. One of my all time favorite Panthers games. Who knows if Arians will lead T.B to the top of the NFCS, but I doubt it. Still the NFCS doesn't really have that "easy win" team, but that could become the Panthers given Cam's heath.

14 hours ago, t96 said:

I don’t think Arians will be around long enough to be a real threat. And Rivera always outcoaches Arians... only game he lost to him I think was early 2013 in a game where Cam was terrible 

Cam's 1st game as a rookie was vs AZ in a loss, despite the fact that he played lights out. Then the shitshow in '13 that got Marty fired. 3-0 after those two games till now.

Archived