• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many Clemson players would you draft this year?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Thats about where we should start looking at LBs. Unless there is a luke kuechly type in the first you should not be looking to draft linebackers that are not pass rushers. This team really needs a change of draft formula bad.  Shaq should be the last straw.

Im fine with extending Shaq.

But we are a 4-THREE.

Sliding Shaq to TD's role.  It opens a hole in the current spot Shaq is in.   Shaqs current spot requires a Lot of him in coverage.  Which why a converted safety like Muse would be a glove fit 

Carter is good for depth, which you Really need at LB.

1 hour ago, Icege said:

1st - Ferrell, Wilkins, Lawrence

3rd - Bryant

5th - Hyatt

UDFA - Renfrow

Would consider Mark Fields as well (CB) but am unsure where to take him atm. Have not looked at the CB group at all for this year's class

Give me

1st: Ferrell

4th: Muse

5th: Hyatt

6th: Fields

Really beginning to like this Muse kid

Belmont NC kid

Was a LB in HS, was a 4.35 guy in HS

Plays deep safety for Clemson, is a downhill physical guy.

6'2 230

I expect Shaq to slide to TDs role.  Muse would be a HomeRun pickup to slide right into Shaqs role.  Especially with todays NFL where its good to have a hybrid LB with the more spread out offenses and RBs more involved in the passing game.  Kyzir White who was one of the higher ranked SS in the last class.  Chargers drafted in the 4th and coverted him to OLB

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

Give me

1st: Ferrell

4th: Muse

5th: Hyatt

6th: Fields

Really beginning to like this Muse kid

Belmont NC kid

Was a LB in HS, was a 4.35 guy in HS

Plays deep safety for Clemson, is a downhill physical guy.

6'2 230

I expect Shaq to slide to TDs role.  Muse would be a HomeRun pickup to slide right into Shaqs role.  Especially with todays NFL where its good to have a hybrid LB with the more spread out offenses and RBs more involved in the passing game.  Kyzir White who was one of the higher ranked SS in the last class.  Chargers drafted in the 4th and coverted him to OLB

That's how TD became an OLB too.  We drafted him as a safety.  He played it for one season.  Then he bulked up and became OLB.  

Drafting players from a defensive line where everyone is talented is a bit tricky, as often those players have inflated numbers & stats because they benefit from not having all the attention from the offensive line.  That's why I was a little wary when we drafted Daeshon Hall after he played with Myles Garrett (and obviously that didn't work out well).  

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ferrell and Wilkins for sure. Lawrence pissing hot worries me. I think Bryant is a good cool player but he benefits greatly from the talent around him. I think he'll be overdrafted.

Lawrence, i want to see the combine 

The pissing hot doesnt worry me because its fishy.

Him and the OL both popped for the same substance.  Both were the only guys on the team with a foot injury.  

You think that is the first drug test he's taken in 3 years there? And never popped until now?

TD popped for a PED.

5 hours ago, 4Corners said:

NCAA should have had a pee cup waiting at their lockers immediately after the game. I bet half the team would fail. Not to mention a lot of them are more than likely ineligible due to impermissible benefits. Cheating pays!

no inside stories of benefits around here...everybody knows somebody on the team around here...highly doubtfull

3 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

no inside stories of benefits around here...everybody knows somebody on the team around here...highly doubtfull

Agreed. People from other areas need to understand Clemson is basically in a small town. My mom and sister live over near Lake Hartwell and from what I've seen, the upstate in general is a very different area than say Miami where they had the big benefits problem.

Just now, trueblade said:

Agreed. People from other areas need to understand Clemson is basically in a small town. My mom and sister live over near Lake Hartwell and from what I've seen, the upstate in general is a very different area than say Miami where they had the big benefits problem.

I'm not a clemson fan so anything like that floating around would get some attention...especially with the gamecock faithful who live for news like that...

4 hours ago, ncfan said:

Because he has underwhelmed in most everyother game?

He was getting 1st round hype going into the last year after beating bama eith Watson.  But really struggled after

Seeing the Notre Dame DE casually toss him aside on multiple plays hurt to see

Archived