• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles looking to trade Foles. Would you want him?

Jeremy Igo

On 1/9/2019 at 1:43 AM, GeorgeHanson said:

Foles is a Super Bowl Champion and MVP.....not at all similar to Jake, or Cam for that matter.

Guess you missed my point.  I don't think Foles success in Philly will translate to success for other teams.  I think Philly is a great fit for Foles, just like Carolina was a great fit for Delhomme.  Neither are stand alone types of QBs that could succeed in multiple systems or on multiple teams.

16 hours ago, JARROD said:

All players are similar in that regard.

good coaches change— and great players are often duds on other teams,.. but it’s not the players,.. it’s the coach!

Foles didn't show much for the Rams...also he has not played more than a half season for Pederson...it's hard to say how he would fair playing a full season and playoffs in Pederson's system.  Once teams are preparing for Foles, he may become ineffective.   

Point is...I wouldn't pay a lot for this guy as he may be a journeyman who just arrived in a great situation.

47 minutes ago, Gucceland said:

Foles didn't show much for the Rams...also he has not played more than a half season for Pederson...it's hard to say how he would fair playing a full season and playoffs in Pederson's system.  Once teams are preparing for Foles, he may become ineffective.   

Point is...I wouldn't pay a lot for this guy as he may be a journeyman who just arrived in a great situation.

Journeymen don’t just step in and win 100% of their playoff games and win in the clutch.

if you read the rest of the post, looks like not, some coaches change to their players and some get stuck in their systems and cannot adapt.

Fisher was one of those coaches— had a system, could only gain some success if he had guys that fit his system perfectly.

Pederson adapted his whole offense to Wentz,.. and then changed it all to fit Foles. It’s what better coaches can do.

thats how the Rams went from terrible to great... adaptive coach versus a square.

Jared Goff was a bust,.. now not so much.

anyway.. as I’ve also said, as much as I think he would be great in Carolina there’s no way we can go get him— and Phily would be crazy, Pederson committing suicide if he trades Foles and then doesn’t go back to the playoffs—

Wentz is the realistic option for trade for them,.. he’s on a rookie contract so he’s cheap,..

if the staff thought Cam was 50/50 best case to start next year then it would be a win win on Wentz,.. depending on what they want— which will probably be unrealistic.

We will probably do nothing and Rivera will rise Cams arm into legend or a pasture.

1 hour ago, Gucceland said:

Guess you missed my point.  I don't think Foles success in Philly will translate to success for other teams.  I think Philly is a great fit for Foles, just like Carolina was a great fit for Delhomme.  Neither are stand alone types of QBs that could succeed in multiple systems or on multiple teams.

I didn’t miss your point.

in some regard that is true.

the thing is again some coaches adapt to their players and some don’t know what that is.

Had Jake been on a team with better coaches he could have been better or if he were on a team more square than ours(if that were possible), he would Be worst.

Cam could have been on a team that would have put him in much better chances to win— and he could have gone somewhere the opposite.

12 hours ago, Gucceland said:

Guess again?

56 minutes ago, Gucceland said:

Well then...you missed my point.  Foles QBR rating with Rams proves my point.  

When someone likes or dislikes someone they will use confirmation bias until they turn blue.

Nick Foles goes 10-6 for Chip Kelly, goes to the Rams under Jeff Fisher— all that needs to be said about that team— and then winning like crazy for Doug Pederson.

we all get by now you don’t like the guy— pulling silly comparisons to playing with a loser coach don’t make your point stronger— it makes your argument weak and without substance.

if Foles played for the Vikings last year, or Sean McVae now or for Chicago, or in tampa even under Koetter he would be just fine. 

Its a mute point really— he’s going to end up staying with the Eagles— would be career suicide for a Pederson to trade him and then suck with Wentz next year.

3 hours ago, JARROD said:

When someone likes or dislikes someone they will use confirmation bias until they turn blue.

Nick Foles goes 10-6 for Chip Kelly, goes to the Rams under Jeff Fisher— all that needs to be said about that team— and then winning like crazy for Doug Pederson.

we all get by now you don’t like the guy— pulling silly comparisons to playing with a loser coach don’t make your point stronger— it makes your argument weak and without substance.

if Foles played for the Vikings last year, or Sean McVae now or for Chicago, or in tampa even under Koetter he would be just fine. 

Its a mute point really— he’s going to end up staying with the Eagles— would be career suicide for a Pederson to trade him and then suck with Wentz next year.

Look.  Foles is a journeyman....not a starter...never been a starter and may never be a starter if he resigns with Philly.

In 7 Seasons he has played 54 games including playoffs, meaning averaged playing 1/3 of the seasons including playoff games every year, but the truth is 5 of those seasons he played 30 games including playoffs and the teams he played on played 85 games.  That is a BACKUP!  He is a backup and has not ever played a full season.  The most he played was 13 games and 11 games and the 13 games for Chip Kelly inflated his stats, due to the offensive scheme, Jeff Fisher's 11 offense brought him back to earth.  

Foles is a flyer...a Cousins...a Bradford...a Keenum...if you want to blow your wade on a guy like that, then you will be exactly where Minnesota, Arizona and Denver are right now...watching the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Gucceland said:

Look.  Foles is a journeyman....not a starter...never been a starter and may never be a starter if he resigns with Philly.

In 7 Seasons he has played 54 games including playoffs, meaning averaged playing 1/3 of the seasons including playoff games every year, but the truth is 5 of those seasons he played 30 games including playoffs and the teams he played on played 85 games.  That is a BACKUP!  He is a backup and has not ever played a full season.  The most he played was 13 games and 11 games and the 13 games for Chip Kelly inflated his stats, due to the offensive scheme, Jeff Fisher's 11 offense brought him back to earth.  

Foles is a flyer...a Cousins...a Bradford...a Keenum...if you want to blow your wade on a guy like that, then you will be exactly where Minnesota, Arizona and Denver are right now...watching the playoffs.

Foles is a Super Bowl winning QB and a Super Bowl MVP....something the Panthers have never had.

37 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Foles is a Super Bowl winning QB and a Super Bowl MVP....something the Panthers have never had.

2 hours ago, Gucceland said:

Minnesota is where they are pulling exactly the kind of crap Chip pulled in Phily.

he went 10-6, decided that his quarterback could be improved with Sam bradford— a “starter” as you call it, and that’s how the cookie crumbles looking for a “starter”

Minni goes and pulls the same crap— trades Case Keenum,.. winner,.. and overpaying a “starter”— gee I bet Mike Zimmer made a comment like you did—

um— Case is a “flyer”, a journeyman,.. the MVP type season, the playoffs, the Minnesota Miracle— all an aberration, let’s get us a starter— Kirk Cousins— a real starter boys.

burned.

i don’t blame you. There’s people who make lots more money for us that bet on “starters” all the time.

the last time I checked,,. closers outclass starters any day. 

50 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Minnesota is where they are pulling exactly the kind of crap Chip pulled in Phily.

he went 10-6, decided that his quarterback could be improved with Sam bradford— a “starter” as you call it, and that’s how the cookie crumbles looking for a “starter”

Minni goes and pulls the same crap— trades Case Keenum,.. winner,.. and overpaying a “starter”— gee I bet Mike Zimmer made a comment like you did—

um— Case is a “flyer”, a journeyman,.. the MVP type season, the playoffs, the Minnesota Miracle— all an aberration, let’s get us a starter— Kirk Cousins— a real starter boys.

burned.

i don’t blame you. There’s people who make lots more money for us that bet on “starters” all the time.

the last time I checked,,. closers outclass starters any day. 

Bingo.

Foles 4-1 in the playoffs.  SB Champion and SB MVP.

Archived