• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles looking to trade Foles. Would you want him?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

No.

He's going to make an arm and a leg...undeservedly, but it's going to happen.

Only way to entertain this is if Cam is done, and that's not the direction I would like to see us go, nor do I think that's the case.

Undeservedly? How many playoff games and superbowls does the guy have to do to get respect. There’s guys out there that don’t do squat and have never won a playoff game that get more respect than Foles does.

we can’t afford him for sure— but I think there would be a reasonable discussion about Wentz, who is on his rookie contract and is a good quarterback— 

if Wentz came in and played good, and has to play next year, but Cam comes back 100% then you have a great problem— a bunch of draft picks for one of them.

15 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Undeservedly? How many playoff games and superbowls does the guy have to do to get respect. There’s guys out there that don’t do squat and have never won a playoff game that get more respect than Foles does.

we can’t afford him for sure— but I think there would be a reasonable discussion about Wentz, who is on his rookie contract and is a good quarterback— 

if Wentz came in and played good, and has to play next year, but Cam comes back 100% then you have a great problem— a bunch of draft picks for one of them.

1:  Never trade for a QB coming out of Andy Reid's/Doug P's system.  Never.

2:  As for Wentz, go back and look at no. 1.

3:  Cam and Wentz and a wealth of picks?  How many picks would it take to get Wentz in the first place?  Two 1's?  More?

1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I think it was a hypothetical, not an expectation.

I read something yesterday about the hand-wringing going on in Philly about what to do and how to do it on the Wentz vs. Foles debate.  I don't think they are going to pony up the $20M or so his current contract would call for, and I am also not convinced they are not thinking of moving Wentz and keeping Foles.

The only way they would take a mid-round pick for him in this whole fiasco is if it were accompanied by several significant players.  So the direct answer to the original question might be, would you trade a mid-round pick and maybe gut the roster elsewhere for Foles?  Not sure what the Eagles needs are or whether we have anything that might meet any of them, but it would be more than a mid-round pick.

Given our situation with Cam, the salary cap, other needs, and Foles' contract nuances (or the need to negotiate one) even if it were just a mid-round pick I'd pass. 

BTW, if it is not a hypothetical, we are sounding like the NYC and Philly sports talk stations I hear when I am on business travel, where people call in and say things like "Giants fan here, I think we should trade our fifth round draft choice and backup OLB for Mahomes."  Sure you should, but that is going to involve pouring a lot of booze into a lot of people in the KC organization.

The thread should be “would you sign foles” not trade. The only way anyone could trade for him is that the deal happens between now and mid February. He is going to be a free agent the 3rd week feb. even that, they would have to completely restructure his contract.

might as well go with the hypothetical trade for Rodgers or Brady then.

On Nick Foles after another win. From Corey G.: “If you’re Eagles GM Howie Roseman, what needs to happen for you to keep Nick Foles?”

Great question. I had an interesting conversation with someone very close to the Eagles situation last week. He said if he were in authority with the Eagles, he’d go to Foles and say, “You’re a different kind of guy. You almost quit football a couple of years ago because it wasn’t fun. Your family means everything. You’re so human. Maybe you should think about being a relief pitcher or part-time starter.” In other words, maybe Howie Roseman and Doug Pederson could convince Foles to be an Eagle for the next two or three years at maybe $15 million per, and let the chips fall where they may with Carson Wentz and his health and the starting job. I thought that was smart. Of all the wannabe starting QBs I’ve met over the years, I think Foles might rather be 1a or 1b in Philadelphia versus the starter on a team he really doesn’t trust to win big.

1 hour ago, Gucceland said:

I think Foles may be very similar to Jake Delhomme...really good in Philly but that's probably got more to do with the situation, coaches and he loves being an Eagle.  I don't think Foles or Delhomme would do great on other teams.  

Foles is a Super Bowl Champion and MVP.....not at all similar to Jake, or Cam for that matter.

18 hours ago, Gucceland said:

I think Foles may be very similar to Jake Delhomme...really good in Philly but that's probably got more to do with the situation, coaches and he loves being an Eagle.  I don't think Foles or Delhomme would do great on other teams.  

All players are similar in that regard.

again again again

some coaches can only get guys that fit what they want and are very square,.. a very few can adjust their systems to their players.

im not saying you could take David Carr and swap him with Tom Brady— but does anyone think Tom Brady would have had the success or possibly be forgotten by now somewhere else?

what if Tom had played for Cinci or Fishers Rams or the Titans when they had Kerry Collins? 

What if David Carr had gone to a team that had a great offensive line and a playcaller like Pat Shurmer or Andy Reid instead of running for his life in Houston under Dom the dildo?

Brett Favre famously would have died in Atlanta— and under most WCO coaches would have been a journeyman,..

but Holmgren adjusted his whole offense  to Brett. 

Doug Pederson runs 2 different offenses, Wentz and Foles— completely different and it that was publically stated not speculation.

we all have seen Cam be very different with Chud vs Shula vs Norv vs Broken Cam with Norv.

good coaches change— and great players are often duds on other teams,.. but it’s not the players,.. it’s the coach!

On 1/6/2019 at 8:10 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

For a mid round draft pick? I'd say yes.

I'd trade a mid round pick for Aaron Donald. What's that? Oh I thought this was a thread where we list unrealistic hypotheticals.

Bidding for Foles STARTS at a first round pick and is likely to go up if he keeps making noise in the playoffs. 

He'd be a good insurance policy for Cam but we're kidding ourself if we think Philly won't laugh in our face if we propose a mid round pick for him. They'll be so insulted they won't even counter, just hang up immediately. 

Archived