• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles looking to trade Foles. Would you want him?

Jeremy Igo

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Foles may not be that great, but damned if he can't pull some Russell Wilson level stuff out of his ass.

The mutherforker wins when it matters,... hes perfect in playoff games. 

Personally I know that drives nerds batshit crazy, being hes nobody, 2nd round pick, journey man now with several teams etc,..

but lets not forget he went 10-6 with Chip Kelly and got traded,.... Chip basically did worst than Minni did with Case and dumbass Captain Kirk(another example of a "great" quarterback who cant win big ones versus Case who can-- this drives fantasy nerds and analyticals crazy-- not understanding the x-factor).

I would take Nick in a heartbeat, hes clutch, doesnt get hurt, and wins when it matters.

6 hours ago, JARROD said:

Some really good information.

If his $20 million becomes fully guaranteed it’s still just for one year and a new contract can be worked out.

hes won a Super Bowl and this time remains open.

however he hasn’t played a full season in a long time,.. so I believe he would have a quite reasonable contract with an option to work out a new contract if he continues to play Lights out.

hes better than any first round quarterback this year by far, so let’s make a list of teams that really need a new quarterback.

Panthers(for now— no guarantee of the future)

Miami— Tannehill sucks

Jacksonville— the most obvious trade partner— Jax should trade a 1st round pick for Foles— it would be their smart move— they should move on from Fournette too— jeez I’m so glad fans weren’t right and we drafted that guy ha.

Giants— no way Phily trades to them but if Foles was released it would be perfect for him. Pat shurmur and all that.

i could keep going but I’m lazy now— chargers game is putting me to sleep

I agree with you for the most part, but I think Mayfield is on par with Foles, if not outright better. 

3 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Baker?  hes awesome. The Browns werent on the list of competing teams for Foles.

Didn't realize that you were just talking about teams that desired his services, but he may have been a better option for some. I think it depends upon the specific situation and state of the franchises that were considering him. If they were were thought to be real contenders for a Super Bowl (the Giants come to mind), then Foles may have made sense. If they were simply rebuilding (like the Jets), then I don't know that you'd want to pay Foles unless you believed that he was a long term solution at the position. Of course, if your job is on the line as a coach or GM, Foles might make plenty of sense as well, regardless.

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Didn't realize that you were just talking about teams that desired his services, but he may have been a better option for some. I think it depends upon the specific situation and state of the franchises that were considering him. If they were were thought to be real contenders for a Super Bowl (the Giants come to mind), then Foles may have made sense. If they were simply rebuilding (like the Jets), then I don't know that you'd want to pay Foles unless you believed that he was a long term solution at the position. Of course, if your job is on the line as a coach or GM, Foles might make plenty of sense as well, regardless.

Yeh, I listed just a couple of teams that came to mind like the Jaguars and the Giants and possibly the Panthers that need a quarterback, the first 2 more than us of course.

for trading, the Jags make the most sense, high draft picks, great talent, one year off a good playoff run and just a quarterback from getting it back.

for the Giants, Foles would have to be released, but he makes sense there too, unless Dave plans on hitching his wagon to Eli until he throws like his brother— and he’s not far away.

for the Panthers, honestly it would make sense if the staff thought it 50/50 or less that Cam comes back healthy and whether he needs a full year off like Luck.

there are no quarterbacks worth drafting this year on the surface to win right away— no Mayfields. Even a Goff or Wentz takes time to develop. 

If he’s better than 50/50 then we draft an OT, DLine or CB first and roll with Kyle Allen with the hopes Cam is back.

if not, then I think there would have to be serious consideration.

or trading for Wentz if the Eagles would rather— at least he’s cheap for now.

Archived