• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles looking to trade Foles. Would you want him?

Jeremy Igo

48 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

In addition it will cost the Iggles 20 million to keep Foles. He will be released, not traded.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/26/nick-foles-carson-wentz-philadelphia-eagles-contracts-2019

The reigning Super Bowl MVP is on the books for a striking $20 million salary in 2019. Whether he receives that salary—at least whether he receives it from the Eagles—is a serious question. Here is the definitive summary of the mutual option, for both the Eagles and Foles, in the current contract.

1. The Eagles must decide if they are going to exercise the option to keep Foles (and his $20 million salary) 30 days prior the 2019 league year, meaning in the week following the Super Bowl.

2. If the Eagles do not exercise the option, Foles becomes a free agent.

3. If and when the Eagles exercise the option, Foles must make a decision in the five days after that.

4. If Foles decides to void the option and cancel the contract, he must concurrently pay back the Eagles $2 million, the amount of his 2018 signing bonus, and he will then become a free agent.

5. If Foles decides not to void the option and remain with the Eagles, the $20 million salary becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2019 league year (March 18).

To summarize, the Eagles have the first decision point: whether to keep Foles at a $20 million salary. But even if they do, Foles can invalidate that decision by paying back $2 million and becoming a free agent. Alternatively, Foles can accept the option and his contract would become fully guaranteed if he is not released prior to March 18.

Some really good information.

If his $20 million becomes fully guaranteed it’s still just for one year and a new contract can be worked out.

hes won a Super Bowl and this time remains open.

however he hasn’t played a full season in a long time,.. so I believe he would have a quite reasonable contract with an option to work out a new contract if he continues to play Lights out.

hes better than any first round quarterback this year by far, so let’s make a list of teams that really need a new quarterback.

Panthers(for now— no guarantee of the future)

Miami— Tannehill sucks

Jacksonville— the most obvious trade partner— Jax should trade a 1st round pick for Foles— it would be their smart move— they should move on from Fournette too— jeez I’m so glad fans weren’t right and we drafted that guy ha.

Giants— no way Phily trades to them but if Foles was released it would be perfect for him. Pat shurmur and all that.

i could keep going but I’m lazy now— chargers game is putting me to sleep

3 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

What’s with all the click bait threads recently? There’s a better chance of the Panthers signing freaking Colin Kaepernick than trading for Nick Foles.

Julio had a meltdown yesterday and I think he might have got himself banned.  Apparently it fell upon management to take over making Julio quality treads.

3 hours ago, djp14 said:

"Would You Trade For Wentz?" thread coming in 3..2..1..

The dude can’t stay healthy. Honestly if the Eagles were going to trade one, right now today it’s him.

and he’s not a 1st round pick trade, again he can’t stay healthy. Jax could probably get away with their high second. Maybe we could too, but I’m not really excited about Wentz.

the good thing is you are not stuck with him. 

Not a bad gamble honestly— he’s better than any QB pick this year.

Big no for me. Foles hasn't looked good outside of Philadelphia. He didn't even look great to start this year, in Philadelphia. Do you not remember the sense of urgency to get Wentz back in Week 3 because Foles was playing terrible having squeaked by Atlanta and then losing to Tampa Bay. 

7 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I understand your sentiment, but of the Panthers are going to sit Cam for a year (speculation), we going to start Allen for a full season???

I don't believe the sentiment to be true and assuming it is there is no way we trade for another 20 million dollar QB. 

Archived