• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles looking to trade Foles. Would you want him?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Bingo.

Foles 4-1 in the playoffs.  SB Champion and SB MVP.

How do you know you have the right guy?

the other team is going home and your guy is still standing.

Closer versus Starter,..

Tom Brady wasn’t a “starter” and neither was Drew Brees,.. they were other teams castaways,.. “journeymen” as our gentle poster put it,..

Tom Brady proved himself a closer.

Jake Delhomme was a closer,... Kurt Warner was a closer.

those guys weren’t starters on anyone else’s teams,.. would have been put in a basement somewhere.

good coaches change to the strengths of their players,.. and they look for closers,.. those guys that are going to make big time plays in big time moments.

Foles has shown he’s that— but you get the guys out there that still want their “starters”

12 hours ago, JARROD said:

How do you know you have the right guy?

the other team is going home and your guy is still standing.

Closer versus Starter,..

Tom Brady wasn’t a “starter” and neither was Drew Brees,.. they were other teams castaways,.. “journeymen” as our gentle poster put it,..

Tom Brady proved himself a closer.

Jake Delhomme was a closer,... Kurt Warner was a closer.

those guys weren’t starters on anyone else’s teams,.. would have been put in a basement somewhere.

good coaches change to the strengths of their players,.. and they look for closers,.. those guys that are going to make big time plays in big time moments.

Foles has shown he’s that— but you get the guys out there that still want their “starters”

Don't even know where to begin with this post.  Lumping Brady and Brees in as castaways and journeymen is silly.  Brees starter after his rookie season.  San Diego moved on from Brees, because they believed he was injured and they had a top pick.  He was great in San Diego.  Brees's worst season in San Diego is better than any season Foles has ever played.  Tom Brady started after his rookie season and took the starting job, after stepping in and winning and he never stopped winning.  They were never compatible to Delhomme or Foles who are both journeymen.  

Journeyman doesn't mean they can't win, it means that they haven't found the right system/coach that works for them.  It also means they are not studs like Brees or Brady.  Delhomme and Foles both eventually landed in a successful situation and they were both very successful.  Back to my original statement.  Foles is GREAT for Philly and the system they are using, but I don't see him being GREAT many other places.  Foles isn't lighting it up, he's simply winning.  Now that has as much to do with the Coach as anything else.  Delhomme and Foles are backups who landed in the right spot to succeed.  Why would we risk the next few years and trade for a back up, journeyman?

37 minutes ago, Gucceland said:

Don't even know where to begin with this post.  Lumping Brady and Brees in as castaways and journeymen is silly.  Brees starter after his rookie season.  San Diego moved on from Brees, because they believed he was injured and they had a top pick.  He was great in San Diego.  Brees's worst season in San Diego is better than any season Foles has ever played.  Tom Brady started after his rookie season and took the starting job, after stepping in and winning and he never stopped winning.  They were never compatible to Delhomme or Foles who are both journeymen.  

Journeyman doesn't mean they can't win, it means that they haven't found the right system/coach that works for them.  It also means they are not studs like Brees or Brady.  Delhomme and Foles both eventually landed in a successful situation and they were both very successful.  Back to my original statement.  Foles is GREAT for Philly and the system they are using, but I don't see him being GREAT many other places.  Foles isn't lighting it up, he's simply winning.  Now that has as much to do with the Coach as anything else.  Delhomme and Foles are backups who landed in the right spot to succeed.  Why would we risk the next few years and trade for a back up, journeyman?

I love “not lighting it up, simply winning”

is not winning the most important stat?

And most quarterbacks that succeed landed in the “right place”

good lord

3 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

I’m a resounding yes. The dude has true grit— always fights back after things go wrong— should have won against the Saints too— that’s on Alshon.

weirdo hate on Foles— that guy could have gone on and won the Super Bowl again and still got all the hate.

Wents had that team losing and out of the playoffs, Foles put them in, and is the reason they made it as far as they did.

hes a winner in my book—

1 minute ago, CatMan72 said:

Trading a 1st round pick for Foles is essentially giving up on Cam, so no.

Yeh,.. I like Foles— but as I’ve also said repeatedly,.. if you did something like that it means Cam is gone.

Cam is not gone,.. Nick would make no sense and no way he would agree to that trade anyway— he wants to start.

the more possible trade would be for Wentz. He’s on Rookie contract,.. so it fits with Cam.

Cam wouldn’t have to come back for another year and Wentz gives us a good chance in between,..

Personally I think we just roll with Kyle Allen. We need all of our picks to draft a whole new defense, and a Left Tackle, and a center,.. and a whole lot of ands to fit into draft picks and 25 million.

1 minute ago, JARROD said:

Yeh,.. I like Foles— but as I’ve also said repeatedly,.. if you did something like that it means Cam is gone.

Cam is not gone,.. Nick would make no sense and no way he would agree to that trade anyway— he wants to start.

the more possible trade would be for Wentz. He’s on Rookie contract,.. so it fits with Cam.

Cam wouldn’t have to come back for another year and Wentz gives us a good chance in between,..

Personally I think we just roll with Kyle Allen. We need all of our picks to draft a whole new defense, and a Left Tackle, and a center,.. and a whole lot of ands to fit into draft picks and 25 million.

Yeah Wentz would make more sense but you are still creating a tricky situation.

I thought it interesting on the broadcast of the Saints/Eagles game, one of the announcers talked about a conversation with Saints DC Dennis Allen. Allen had to change his defense up because of the change from Wentz to Foles. He felt like they could get to Wentz, but Foles got the ball out too quick. 

I also fully believe if Alshon catches that ball, the Eagles go down and score. Still Foles lack of success outside of Philadelphia (wasn't he in KC for a while?) make me nervous about giving up assets to acquire him when we have so many other needs especially on the lines.

Archived