• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sunday Wild Card Games - Who you got?

Jeremy Igo

35 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I do feel a little bad for Bear fans. That had to hurt. 

Da Bears,..

yeh,... if Carson had started I would have pulled for the Bears,..

Actually the Bears have the best chance to beat the birthmark,...Now we will have to hope the legend of Foles continues,.. and if not then I believe the Cowboys actually have a better chance than the Rams,...

Divisional round home teams have something like a .750 winning percentage. Most likely scenario is only one of the home teams (Saints, KC, New England and Rams) lose.

Ranking the home teams as most likely to lose to least likely to lose:

1. KC - I don't trust Andy Reid in the playoffs and Reich knows the system pretty well from studying under Pederson. Luck is playing well, and Mack is underrated. This could be the game where they miss Hunt.

2. Rams - Young QB facing a good Dallas defense. Elliot has a chance to take over this game. 

3. New England - New England isn't quite the juggernaut they've been in years past. Rivers can go throw for throw with Brady. But I just can't see New England losing at home in January. 

4. Saints - If the Bears had a kicker, the Eagles would already be heading home. New Orleans looked vulnerable down the stretch, but while Philly's secondary played well against Chicago, it's Drew Brees this time. Maddox showed a weakness to double moves, and I expect Payton test him a couple of times.

13 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Maybe, but I have a hunch the game will be a lot closer than it was last time.  Saints have been struggling a bit of late, and the Eagles are on a roll. 

Struggling since they clinched the #1 seed doesn't equal them playing bad at home in the playoffs. They should kill the Eagles unfortunately. I don't see any team in the playoffs that will beat the Saints and that sucks

3 hours ago, bull123 said:

I am not going against the saints or the pats

if I had to bet on one of the road teams I’d take the chargers

but I’m not gong against either of the home favs

i say the eagles get beat bad by the saints

woosh!          i was picking the games that got played yesterday.  i'm much better picking them the day after.

5 hours ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Struggling since they clinched the #1 seed doesn't equal them playing bad at home in the playoffs. They should kill the Eagles unfortunately. I don't see any team in the playoffs that will beat the Saints and that sucks

They weren't playing well before clinching.  Their offense was basically shut down by us and Dallas, a key fumble cost Pitt the game and they even struggled for a while against Tampa,  before taking the lead.  For the first 11 games of the season, they averaged more than 35 points a game, and only two teams (cleveland and Baltimore) held them under 30.  The last 5 it was at or slightly under 18, and they only got over 30 once.  

That is not to say they won't win it all, but its certainly not a sure thing.  A week off (and two weeks off for some of them) might rejuvenate them.  I do think if they play the Rams again, the Rams will have a good shot at beating them.

Archived