• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quarterback Possibilities for the Carolina Panthers

Jeremy Igo

13 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I mean, thats true, but you also just described Drew Brees criticisms when drafted.

Who knows, kid could be bad or could be great. In the 3rd or 4th I would not mind finding out.

Montana had the same issues.

To all the weekend orthopedic surgeons on here chiming in and sharing expertise--understand this--his shoulder is diminished every time a surgeon has to go into it.  Scar tissue, arthritis, and the fact that no human can repair damaged tissue and not all healing returns a damaged joint to original form.

I heard that from an orthopedic surgeon after my second surgery, explaining to me why I was done.  And it was not my throwing arm--I was a Tight End.

All those cheap shots, dropping his shoulder to get a first down, stretching out the ball when diving for a TD---it all chips away.

So we cross our fingers, hope for a miraculous result, and plan for the worst.

10 hours ago, MHS831 said:

To all the weekend orthopedic surgeons on here chiming in and sharing expertise--understand this--his shoulder is diminished every time a surgeon has to go into it.  Scar tissue, arthritis, and the fact that no human can repair damaged tissue and not all healing returns a damaged joint to original form.

I heard that from an orthopedic surgeon after my second surgery, explaining to me why I was done.  And it was not my throwing arm--I was a Tight End.

All those cheap shots, dropping his shoulder to get a first down, stretching out the ball when diving for a TD---it all chips away.

So we cross our fingers, hope for a miraculous result, and plan for the worst.

I would still go the FA route. Cam is the QB of the Panthers. But, shoulder surgery is not good for QBs and violin players.

I like Will Grier, his accuracy far outweighs any arm strength questions, being a hometown kid is a plus. However, the offensive line needs to be in tip top shape before spending a top pick on a QB or else it’s going to be more of the same. I feel like those first four rounds needs to be offensive line and defensive line picks unless someone drops who is too good to pass up.

I’m fine with rolling with Allen, and bringing in someone like McCown to tutor him and hold the iPad. I’m also not against drafting someone like Minshew in the 6th and rolling with three QB’s as we have been going through QB’s like crazy over the past year.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:11 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

A guy like WVU's Will Grier is projected anywhere from rounds 2-4. If he is there in 3 or 4 for the Panthers I would like to see him taken. Local kid with plenty of up side. Good value there for a mid round pick.

Ill bet you all the pie in the world will Grier is a 1st round pick.

15 minutes ago, juliosantos said:

We had one of the better lines 

Week 1 with Moton at LT and Williams at RT.  100% agree.  They manhandled NE 1st string in preseason.  And mauled Dallas's DL.  One injuries hit, we wernt one of the better ones.  But not one of the worse ones either.

We can resign Williams and patch up the interior with 3rd round picks.  And we can be soid again.

Archived