• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quarterback Possibilities for the Carolina Panthers

Jeremy Igo

A 2019 3rd round pick is a 2020 2nd round pick, which is an enormously valuable commodity when moving up to take the best QB in the draft and provides much more value than a 1 year rental.

the panthers have to be smarter than what you're suggesting they do. This is nothing more than try to check a needs box.

This is the QB position. We can't afford to play the silly Cleveland Browns game.

6 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Neither of us have a crystal ball. It's January. If you're declaring his throwing arm officially dead at 29 years old that's your choice.

I honestly hope it isn't because when he's healthy Cam is a top 10 QB easily. The evidence over the last two seasons says it is tho. 25 completions over 20 yards in two seasons when Cam was doing that in one season prior to the surgery. 0 for on throws over 30 yards when before the surgery that was his bread and butter so to speak. The scariest part is him admitting the lack of motion and soreness and doctors not knowing why. 

I'm going to keep screaming my point every time it comes up because no topic we have ever discussed on this forum has been more important to the long term success of the Carolina Panthers.

Either Cam is healthy and you have an All-Pro QB, or you've equipped yourself to go get Tagovailoa.

The in between methods are sweet sounding poison. Do not get sucked in.

22 minutes ago, Growl said:

I'm going to keep screaming my point every time it comes up because no topic we have ever discussed on this forum has been more important to the long term success of the Carolina Panthers.

Either Cam is healthy and you have an All-Pro QB, or you've equipped yourself to go get Tagovailoa.

This is how I feel as well. No expensive Band-Aids. They're a sunk cost.

52 minutes ago, Growl said:

The obvious roadblock here is that Rivera has to win right now, so guys like kawann short who could be moved in exchange for substantial draft capital aren't going anywhere, because he can't have another losing season.

Expect to see the team try and hold the ship afloat again, probably with a tyrod Taylor coming in who can claw you to .500 and the 5th best QB in the following class if proven necessary.

I kind of like rolling with Allen and seeing how Cam does. Either Cam does well and we didn’t waste a pick on a qb or he shows his shoulder can’t show up. If that happens then either Allen plays well and could be our future, or he doesn’t and we have a high pick to pick a qb from the stacked 2020 class (Tua would be great!)

1 minute ago, mc52beast said:

I’m actually hoping that Cam has to sit next year. That means we suck again, the 2020 qb class is stacked and Ron/Marty will be gone.

A win for everyone

Ideally, if we have to compete for the first pick in the coming seasons I hope it is in 2021. Trevor Lawerence is the QB in college now who I think is going to be a superstar in the NFL. He drops absolute dimes all over the field and has a cannon. I know it’ll probably never happen, but a guy can dream.

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Ideally, if we have to compete for the first pick in the coming seasons I hope it is in 2021. Trevor Lawerence is the QB in college now who I think is going to be a superstar in the NFL. He drops absolute dimes all over the field and has a cannon. I know it’ll probably never happen, but a guy can dream.

Cam vs. Luck = Tua vs. Trevor all over again?

1 hour ago, Growl said:

I sort of agree.  If it comes down to Cam missing next season, I wouldn't mind if we picked a qb in the first round, signed a free agent or two for the oline, and drafted defense after the first.  

We try the new guy out for a year, and if he works out and Cam comes back healthy and ready the following year, we have a choice to trade a healthy veteran or a promising rookie.  Not necessarily a bad thing.  And we hopefully improve the defense enough to win next year with a rookie qb.  

Just now, Lasus83. said:

Cam vs. Luck = Tua vs. Trevor all over again?

They both are going to be studs I think. The only difference btw now and then is that I don’t think anyone would stay in college an extra year just to avoid playing for the Panthers now.

2 hours ago, TheRed said:

Are the longtime huddlers here going to have the balls to say something about this or what?

WOW the white supremacy goes all the way to the TOP!!

That's what you want someone to say, right?  Who am I kidding, it's not a real question because you've made it abundently clear that's how you cache even the most mild criticism of a crippled QB.

Archived