• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Adams is not ready to hang up his cleats.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

First, it was the Kalil comeback article.

Now, Panthers going with Mike Adams article.

Are they trying to decimate this fan base? thanks

Why would they, Ron loves the old guys.  They will be allowed to go out on their own terms.  Accept it.

Funny thing is the Panthers already know what they are going to do next year. When they put out articles like this over the offseason, it’s only done to encourage your average fan who doesn’t know that Mike Adams is past his prime. That way they create fake excitement when he is retained. 

Wheres muh sources?

Yeah, I read that too. 

Honestly, all of the his is going to depend upon who is available in free agency and the draft (and not just at the safety position), how much money we have and how we decide to allocate it. Don't get me wrong, It's time to get a younger replacement, but acquisitions are a dynamic exercise.

1 minute ago, Hotsauce said:

Funny thing is the Panthers already know what they are going to do next year. When they put out articles like this over the offseason, it’s only done to encourage your average fan who doesn’t know that Mike Adams is past his prime. That way they create fake excitement when he is retained. 

Wheres muh sources?

Not necessarily. It's just that time of year. I absolutely don't think that these articles about aging vets desiring to return have anything to do with personnel decisions.

Yes, this is annoying. I’m a bigger fan of Adams than a lot of the huddle. I give him credit for laying some big hits, especially one on Julio last season when the rest of the team were going through the motions. But he is slow and he is old. Regression is clearly visible.

I count 4 different players who are talking up their NFL future despite clear drop off in play on an already old team. Olsen, Davis, Kalil, Adams. 

Archived