• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Knock Knock. Who's there?

Jeremy Igo

Disgusting...  but maybe there's hope.  From the article:

Kalil, who signed a five-year deal in 2017, is under contract through 2021 and he wants to contribute for Carolina. The former top-five pick started all 16 games at left tackle in his first year with the team but knows nothing is guaranteed after missing an entire season. “If they don’t bring me back they don’t bring me back,” Kalil said. “I’m focused on getting healthy and training.”

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

We have to purge this team of Gettleman's TERRIBLE decisions. If we cut him is the dead cap really 14.7 MILLION DOLLARS!

And we've got just the guy known for correcting mistakes instead of extending them and kicking the can down the road...

Hurney is aids.

Just now, Hammerin'Cam1 said:

I was under the impression we couldn't get anything going deep because there was something wrong with Newton's shoulder?

The fact we never went deep, and our passing offensive was based on quick, shallow passes to McCaffrey, couldn't have had anything to do with our offensive line.

We were running a Coryell offense. 

3 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Assuming we sign Williams and this team is forced to keep Matt on the roster...Why can't we try him out as a guard? Surely, he couldn't get worse???

I'm not 100% sure, but, I thought the subject came up early this season and he refused to play any position other than LT (Which, tbh, he refuses to play as well)

The guy is pretty much daring us to either pay him to ride the pine, or pay him to ride away.  And, damn it, we're gonna have to pick one. 

Matt Kalil: "Check Mate, MFs"

18 minutes ago, Hammerin'Cam1 said:

Vertical threats are a key component in a Coryell though ..

When a Coryell is running like a well-oiled machine it will have 3 players with 1,000 yards receiving on offense

poo, Scot, we haven't had an 1,000 yard receiver since Benjamin Bust did it 5 years ago, lol?

Googling what a Coryell is doesn't tell the whole story :)

The deep ball is only one aspect of a Coryell attack. They also use a lot of motion, shifts and passes out of the backfield. It's not all just chucking it downfield.

Heck, it could be argued that what we ran this year was as close to an E-P as it was to a Coryell. and if you question the approach, just keep in mind the Patriots have been running an E-P for years and have multiple championships to show for it despite the fact that even when he was younger and at his best, Brady couldn't get the ball anywhere near as far downfield as Newton can at his worst.

The Patriots offense also made pretty effective use of a guy named Kevin Faulk. We have a back in our offense whose skill set is very similar to Faulk. Three guesses who :)

Archived