• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Knock Knock. Who's there?

Jeremy Igo

Nothing in the article says the team is going to bring him back.  There also must be some doubt because at the end Matt says "If they bring me back, they bring me back.  If they don't, they don't."  Looks to me as if he sees the writing on the wall. 

Also, this wouldn't be the first time Panthers.com had a story on a player then they get cut soon after.  Seems to happen every preseason.

I don't think I've ever seen Matt play OT well. He's always looked terrible, and seldom healthy. We're paying him a fortune thanks to Gettleman. OMG. I still can't believe it. And this isn't a hindsight is 20/20 situation, everyone knew at the time that Matt was awful. Even Huddlers who were wrong about drafting Cam knew Matt was bad. Even Huddlers who thought Pickles would be good knew Matt was bad. Thanks Gettlegut.

2 minutes ago, MrBubba said:

Pretty telling that Panthers signed Chris Clark a journeyman to fill in at the start of the year and he ended up playing as well as Matt ever played for the Panthers.  

Clark is horrible. half the time when he comes out of his stance he looks like a toddler learning to walk.

If it wasn't for Newton getting the ball out faster thanks to Norv Turner, I'm not sure he'd still be able to walk.

16 minutes ago, MrBubba said:

Pretty telling that Panthers signed Chris Clark a journeyman to fill in at the start of the year and he ended up playing as well as Matt ever played for the Panthers.  

Clark was serviceable for a few games but during our losing streak he was by far the worst starting lineman in the entire league. Kalil is terrible but has never in his career been as bad as Clark has been.

Another problem is that he was never even injured to begin with. And his teammates know he tapped out at a time when Daryl Williams was playing on a knee already actually hurt.  When is the last time there were no specifics with a knee injury? “Knee soreness”? For an entire season? 

Archived