• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching changes likely on the way.

Jeremy Igo

Jonathan Jones pointed out that Steve Wilks isn't necessarily a slam dunk.

Wilks is still respected in the league as a defensive coach. He may well get better offers from teams whose head coaches are not on one-year contracts.

As has been mentioned, the same can be said for a lot of other assistants.

It was all for nothing with Rivera being retained. He can’t be trusted, and he’s shown that time and time again. It’s a shame you have to protect a head coach from his own stupidity, and we just failed at that. Prepare yourselves for more of the same. 

22 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Making him pick from a larger pool is a good idea. Telling him that he can't just stick by his buddies regardless of whether they're good at their job or not is a very good idea.

As I noted in a post above, I'm betting that ol' Ron has a large pool of buddies that he can pick from that he has developed over his career to replace his current on-staff buddies.

I can almost guarantee, if left to Ron, that is the pool any "new" coaches will come from.

And, that being the case, to actually get assistants with a fresh perspective on Rivera's staff, it would have to be someone other than Ron or Marty doing the hiring.

And if THAT is what has to happen to infuse a change in perspective on Rivera's staff, why is Ron being allowed to stay in the first place?

Its hilarious going back and reading that article about Ron having a sitdown with John Madden and talking about not doing things by the book because there is no proverbial book yet EVERYTHING he does is what you would consider by the book. Playing conservative, building a team around running the football and playing defense, soft zone defense when playing with a lead, always promoting from within, always playing vets over more talented younger players. Youre not fooling anyone Ron

1 minute ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Like a smart man Tepper is taking his time, and doing research on what are the options for replacements etc.   I say good on him, make an informed decision find a replacement that is good.

Actually, it's Ron's move.  Tepper gave him direction but Ron is thinking of what his next move will be.  I'm not sure how much time he has to respond however.  Ron sucks at chess.

Archived