• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching changes likely on the way.

Jeremy Igo

14 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

The DLine used to be the biggest strength of this team. That falls on DG, Rivera and Hurney for the past 2 seasons. Made no effort to lock up Hardy long term before he went insane, waited way too long to replace CJ, and never drafted a legitimate edge rusher

Washington’s first season as DLine coach was 2011

-turned Addison from an undrafted FA to a consistent double digit sack starting DE

-turned Hardy from a 6th round pick into a top 5 pass rusher

-CJ had 3 great seasons until that leg whip against NE that started the beginning of the end of his career

-KK and Star were the best interior combo in the league

-Pep had 11 sacks as a 37

-Jared Allen was absolutely washed in 2015 and had a solid year after the trade

-Kyle Love went from journeyman to outstanding depth

for what he was given Washington did a hell of a job in player development and production

I can't blame us for not signing Hardy long-term. He was franchised in large part because we knew he had some screws loose and we wanted to limit our long-term liability.

4 hours ago, Fox007 said:

Watch Ron fug us again by not staying loyal and not go down with his peeps. Usually Rons loyalty to a fault costs us but now he will actually be mandated to either fire them or leave with them and he'll fire them. He's been good at throwing people under the bus though so it probably won't be hard for him just another funny thing to laugh at.

myway.jpg.4b569d8f484e21831909b291ab3b1a50.jpg

...his way...is as old as Sinatra...who is dead.

I'd be more worried if we were looking for coordinators. Norv stays, most Offensive asst. coaches can stay. Rivera is basically DC now and calling plays. Washington can stay as a front seven/d-line coach. Every other defensive asst. coach should be replaced. Asst. coaches mostly will have less leverage anyway and we'll still be a good destination.

On 12/31/2018 at 10:35 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Rivera has to make changes at this point or he is going to get fired. Loyalty is his blind spot and has cost the season. Tepper needs to see Rivera can change.

What a horrible split-the-baby decision.

Those always work out GREAT.

On 12/31/2018 at 10:36 AM, KillaCamNewton said:

Firing Washington would be stupid. Demote him, yes, but dont fire him for doing a job that he should have never been given, thats on Rivera. Washington has proven to be a great developer and DLine coach

KK Short seems to be getting worse every year since he signed his big deal.

Lotulelei also was better when he was younger in a Panther's uni.

I guess you could put Mario Addison and Wes Horton on the positive side of the ledger, but I wouldn't place them anywhere near an elite list of players.

23 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

That was the excuse going into this season as well.  Seems they are running out of excuses.

Additionally, I'm betting that Ron in his long career has developed a good long list of close buddies that he can use to replace his close buddies currently on staff.

THIS IS GONNA WORK OUT AWESOME AMIRITE?

Archived