• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching changes likely on the way.

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Bring back Steve Wilks?

Jonathan Jones says maybe not.

One thing that might be worth noting. It's not necessarily just that Rivera tends to favor "buddies". Most coaches and even GMs in the NFL are more prone to work with people that they know.

The problem is that Rivera isn't a very good  talent evaluator, and not just with players.

Making him pick from a larger pool is a good idea. Telling him that he can't just stick by his buddies regardless of whether they're good at their job or not is a very good idea.

Unfortunately, neither of those things guarantees that he'll make a good choice if he picks a replacement.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Jonathan Jones says maybe not.

One thing that might be worth noting. It's not necessarily just that Rivera tends to favor "buddies". Most coaches and even GMs in the NFL are more prone to work with people that they know.

The problem is that Rivera isn't a very good  talent evaluator, and not just with players.

Making him pick from a larger pool is a good idea. Telling him that he can't just stick by his buddies regardless of whether they're good at their job or not is a very good idea.

Unfortunately, neither of those things guarantees that he'll make a good choice if he picks a replacement.

That's like saying a alcoholic should just move farther away from the liquor store. People don't fundamentally change unless they see a problem and I'm 100% sure Rivera doesn't.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm sure quality coaching candidates will be lining up around the block to sign up to work for a coach who probably barely hung onto his job and will likely have the hottest seat in the NFL going into next season.

Is it even a forgone conclusion that Norv wants to come back for another year under this incompetent staff? 

What was his contract breakdown? I know Rivera had to talk him into returning as OC in the first place.

I don’t get into the weeds of assistant coaches deals. @Mr. Scot do you know? I’m guessing it’s tied to Ron's deal.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Rivera has to make changes at this point or he is going to get fired. Loyalty is his blind spot and has cost the season. Tepper needs to see Rivera can change.

i thought he would be fired by the end of the day no matter what...tricking him onto firing his coaches before they fire him causing bad blood with the others and him...

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm sure quality coaching candidates will be lining up around the block to sign up to work for a coach who probably barely hung onto his job and will likely have the hottest seat in the NFL going into next season.

Tepper needs to come out and say he's totally invested in Rivera to avoid that. That means two more years.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Another reason keeping Ron around is a horrible idea.

1 minute ago, mjligon said:

Is it even a forgone conclusion that Norv wants to come back for another year under this incompetent staff? 

What was his contract breakdown? I know Rivera had to talk him into returning as OC in the first place.

I don’t get into the weeds of OC deals. @Mr. Scot do you know?

About the length of Turner's existing contract? Nada. Contract terms for assistants rarely get reported on.

What I do know generally speaking is that assistant coach contracts tend to be two year deals. That would make sense in this case too, as it would align with the end of Ron Rivera's contract.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's a fair point.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

its a path to a HC job...

Archived