• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching changes likely on the way.

Jeremy Igo

Rivera upgrading his assistants is a good idea. I am sure he needs to be nudged to make changes and finds the familiar easier than the unknown. Being loyal is not a bad fault but does require someone being the bad guy whether that is Hurney or Tepper or someone else to give him direction and holding him accountable.

What we have heard, so far, is that Rivera believes he will be back next year. We've heard nothing from Tepper or Hurney.

My expectation is, Tepper will meet with Ron to discuss the year and get Ron's plans for next year. However, as this was not a good year, I would expect Tepper to pressure Ron to make some pretty significant changes. 

Tepper is no dummy. He didn't just learn about football yesterday and has contacts. I'm sure he has an idea about who should stay and who should go. Maybe Ron doesn't like to make those tough decisions, but Tepper is likely to apply some pressure in that direction. If Ron resists, then...

12 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

What we have heard, so far, is that Rivera believes he will be back next year. We've heard nothing from Tepper or Hurney.

My expectation is, Tepper will meet with Ron to discuss the year and get Ron's plans for next year. However, as this was not a good year, I would expect Tepper to pressure Ron to make some pretty significant changes. 

Tepper is no dummy. He didn't just learn about football yesterday and has contacts. I'm sure he has an idea about who should stay and who should go. Maybe Ron doesn't like to make those tough decisions, but Tepper is likely to apply some pressure in that direction. If Ron resists, then...

Yes...also I could see Tepper working behind the scenes to gauge interest from potential replacements. If he feels there are one or two really good options that want to be the Panthers Coach, he could pull the trigger. If he doesn't get a good feeling about it, then he just sticks with RR for another year

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Rivera and Turner are the only safe coaches at the moment. Expect shakeups elsewhere 

Expect this team to be the exact same team next season but just even more predictable with a QB show has a bum shoulder and Hurney doesn't address it instead gives aging veterans four year contracts and drafts a kicker in the first round. WELCOME BACK TO PURE MEDIOCRITY BOYS THIS IS A CONSERVATIVE HURNEY TEAM AND TEPPER IS JUST LETTING IT HAPPEN

17 minutes ago, Black on Black said:

Yes...also I could see Tepper working behind the scenes to gauge interest from potential replacements. If he feels there are one or two really good options that want to be the Panthers Coach, he could pull the trigger. If he doesn't get a good feeling about it, then he just sticks with RR for another year

Essentially taking RR out of his comfort zone and putting the pressure on him to make the needed changes to this team. 

We all want a new GM and head coach, but maybe Tepper is giving both a second chance because of injuries. Possibly by doing this, he is allowing both to fail on their own next season. This is Tepper’s way of collecting his data to make a decision analytically.

PS: Todd Bowles for DC next season!

Were I in Teppers shoes, and I never will be, I'm doing 1 thing this week.

Having Ron and Marty sit down with me all this week.  We will be asking them both about every single move during the offseason and durning the season, and asking them to explain all of them, and explain in detail how they thought that course of action would lead to more wins.

Then we will shift the conversation over to in game strategy, and I would have Ron explain every single thing that happened during the games, and why he thought making those calls would win the game.  Every timeout at the wrong time, every challenge for no reason, every game that he decided to trot Cam back out there.  Every single choice that was made all season.  May have Norv in there with me.

I would want to see how those 2/3 men think, how they thought, and why they made the calls they did.

My guess?  1 of the 3 would be looking for a job at the end of the week, and 2 would be retiring.

Just now, thefuzz said:

Were I in Teppers shoes, and I never will be, I'm doing 1 thing this week.

Having Ron and Marty sit down with me all this week.  We will be asking them both about every single move during the offseason and durning the season, and asking them to explain all of them, and explain in detail how they thought that course of action would lead to more wins.

Then we will shift the conversation over to in game strategy, and I would have Ron explain every single thing that happened during the games, and why he thought making those calls would win the game.  Every timeout at the wrong time, every challenge for no reason, every game that he decided to trot Cam back out there.  Every single choice that was made all season.  May have Norv in there with me.

I would want to see how those 2/3 men think, how they thought, and why they made the calls they did.

My guess?  1 of the 3 would be looking for a job at the end of the week, and 2 would be retiring.

In all likely-hood they are talking right now and discussing things. Could very well be that Tepper hasn't actually made the decision and we have no idea how he handles these things.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Rivera has to make changes at this point or he is going to get fired. Loyalty is his blind spot and has cost the season. Tepper needs to see Rivera can change.

He is going to be the same Ron regardless of how much tepper gets involved. That’s why keeping his ass for another season is stupid. 

Hes gong to make the same damn clock management mistakes, same game time adjustment mistakes, same shits the bed prime time games, same play to lose not win mistakes, same gets a lead and puts foot off gas mistakes...hell I can do this all day.

Archived