• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching changes likely on the way.

Jeremy Igo

The assistants and coordinators don't screw up the play clock, game clock and miss calling time outs at the right time (see first Saints game before the half as an example).  The assistants and coordinators don't insist we go full prevent defense when we get a 3 point lead in the 2nd quarter.  The assistants and coordinators don't continually blame losses on "missed opportunities" (i.e. the PLAYERS) every time we get a loss.  The assistants and coordinators aren't the final say on player development over the years (Cam STILL hasn't fixed his footwork?  Does he just say "fug you" when they try or do they even try?).

I'm done with Rivera.  If he's the coach in 2019 I'll be very busy next fall (notably on Sundays).  I'm not saying this out of frustration, but as a health issue.  When I was younger the heart palpitations/nervousness/anxiety of close games weren't that bad, but as I age it is becoming an issue.  EVERY damn game with him will be close as he continually takes his foot off the gas when in the lead and completely moves away from the things that were working to get the lead.  My heart can't take it every Sunday.  I'd prefer to get blown out than lose a close one.  And I'd much rather prefer a blow out win where we never stop attacking...but he doesn't do that.

4 minutes ago, HornetsSting said:

Ok but who can they shake up at this point and have meaningful impact? 

Like seriously, does anyone really think shaking up the assistant O line position is going to make meaningful difference? 

Same story, different day 

Yes. Bringing in new coaches actually provides a different perspective and can help with any complacency at that staff level. 

On 12/31/2018 at 10:35 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Rivera has to make changes at this point or he is going to get fired. Loyalty is his blind spot and has cost the season. Tepper needs to see Rivera can change.

Im sorry but I can't see the logic in this.   It's been Ron's MO from the jump, it's who he is and his core belief.   He even guotes his mentor John Maden when justifying his approach.  So he has to abandon his core belief to keep his job?   A leopard can't change his spots.  I fear this is an exercise in futility.

Side question, where does that leave Hurney?

15 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Firing Washington would be stupid. Demote him, yes, but dont fire him for doing a job that he should have never been given, thats on Rivera. Washington has proven to be a great developer and DLine coach

has he really? wilks had to blitz his wangus off because our dline couldn't get pressure

So as I recall, one of the excuses I heard last year for the poor performance of the defense was that we had so much turnover on the defensive coaching staff.

And now, we're being told that a solution to get better going forward is... more turnover on the coaching staff.

Okay :thinking:

Archived