• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching changes likely on the way.

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I know it is an opinion.  I presented it that way.  Nice catch. 

You presented it as fact that Rivera is the problem. A view widely accepted here that is not shared universally anywhere else. When I talk to opposing fans they generally have a high opinion of Rivera and what he has done 

5 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

You presented it as fact that Rivera is the problem. A view widely accepted here that is not shared universally anywhere else. When I talk to opposing fans they generally have a high opinion of Rivera and what he has done 

I really don't care what other fans say. He is terrible at clock management. That cost us a bunch of scores and games this year. No doubt in my mind he should be gone. Other fans haven't watched all the games like me. 

5 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I began the post, "I can't help but feel..." I probably should have stated that throughout.  The reason people outside the organization feel RR is solid is understandable...Twice the NFL coach of the year (25% of the time as a head coach) and three seasons with 11 wins or more.  And frankly, I wonder if a different personality would do worse with Cam--just an opinion.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Yep. The whole Rivera took over didn’t improve much. I think one of the players mentioned Ron took over for Tampa and said he noticed it was different. Outside of the home game against a Saints team that hasn’t been rolling as much in the past 5 games (3-2 with a lucky win against Pitt, close win against us and come from behind against Tampa), we’ve given up 25 a game under Ron and not to LA and KC juggernauts. 

Obviously you weren't paying attention. Rivera really took over the past 3 games.  Before that he let Washington  still call plays while he helped out more. The total amount of points surrendered was 50 or roughly 17 points a game versid the regular season average of 24 points. Against teams that had high powered offenses.  That with a clearly hobbled Newton and 2 guys making their first NFL start at quarterback. No the defense was much better and anyone without an agenda clearly saw that.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I began the post, "I can't help but feel..." I probably should have stated that throughout.  The reason people outside the organization feel RR is solid is understandable...Twice the NFL coach of the year (25% of the time as a head coach) and three seasons with 11 wins or more.  And frankly, I wonder if a different personality would do worse with Cam--just an opinion.

The same reasons he deserves more credit particularly with the talent he has been given to work with. Rookie corners, failure to have a legitimate left tackle since Gross left. Poor receiving Corp outside of Smith and Olsen. And on and on. It is funny the same folks that defend Cam saying he didn't have enough talent throw Rivera under the bus who had the same talent to work with.  And like Gettleman and hate Hurney when Gettleman did more to limit the talent than Hurney ever did.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

The same reasons he deserves more credit particularly with the talent he has been given to work with. Rookie corners, failure to have a legitimate left tackle since Gross left. Poor receiving Corp outside of Smith and Olsen. And on and on. It is funny the same folks that defend Cam saying he didn't have enough talent throw Rivera under the bus who had the same talent to work with.  And like Gettleman and hate Hurney when Gettleman did more to limit the talent than Hurney ever did.

Solid points, unless you blame the coaching staff for not developing these players, which brings us to where we are- and brings the GM into question.  The Gettlemen era could muddy the waters there.

11 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

I really don't care what other fans say. He is terrible at clock management. That cost us a bunch of scores and games this year. No doubt in my mind he should be gone. Other fans haven't watched all the games like me. 

Actually it didn't cost us a bunch of scores and games. Does he lack in clock management. Yeah but I wonder how he compares to everyone else in the league. It is easy to single out his mistakes but for context it would be interesting to see how he compares to his colleagues.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Yeah like he didn't have no say so in the guys that got was drafted or brought in during FA. Plus he never played the young guys and play all these old ass veteran's. Not to mention the $5 mil he paid Torrey Smith and figure out after 6 games that he was garbage. Yeah u could go on and on with all the crap he has done wrong. 

22 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Cleveland was when Washington was still calling plays. And against Atlanta they didn't look bad they simply had no offense. At half time it was 10-10. We didn't score after that 

Rivera announced he was taking over play calling the week before we played the browns

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Solid points, unless you blame the coaching staff for not developing these players, which brings us to where we are- and brings the GM into question.  The Gettlemen era could muddy the waters there.

The problem with Gettleman was fruit basket turnover every year and needing time to get everyone up to speed only to turnover again.  That contributed to the slow starts.  Plus I am against starting rookies right away which we seem to do as a franchise a lot under both GMs.

Just now, panthers55 said:

Actually it didn't cost us a bunch of scores and games. Does he lack in clock management. Yeah but I wonder how he compares to everyone else in the league. It is easy to single out his mistakes but for context it would be interesting to see how he compares to his colleagues.

Pretty damn bad. Just ook at teams that made the playoffs and u would see. The way he handled Detroit, Seattle, NO game was enough for me. Three damn games that would have put us in the playoffs for sure. Is that enough for you, that's all on him.

3 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Yeah like he didn't have no say so in the guys that got was drafted or brought in during FA. Plus he never played the young guys and play all these old ass veteran's. Not to mention the $5 mil he paid Torrey Smith and figure out after 6 games that he was garbage. Yeah u could go on and on with all the crap he has done wrong. 

Not nearly as much under Gettleman than under Hurney. Do you think it is a coincidence that this 2018 draft class at least so far has been touted as one of our best ever based on their production as rookies. I agree with playing vets over rookies and virtually all coaches agree. But let's ignore that Rivera has likely started as many or more rookies than most coaches I would suspect. At one point we had the record for starting the most rookies in a playoff game under Rivera.

7 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Pretty damn bad. Just ook at teams that made the playoffs and u would see. The way he handled Detroit, Seattle, NO game was enough for me. Three damn games that would have put us in the playoffs for sure. Is that enough for you, that's all on him.

Again that was not Rivera until New Orleans and our defense kept them to 12 points with virtually no offense. Our defense was amazing that game. You keeping trying to lump Rivera and Washington together.

Archived