• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Kyle Allen era begins today!!!!!!!!

Jeremy Igo

Talk about impressive for Kyle!

BUT!  Let's not get too wound up over a single, fairly meaningless game where the Saints are pulling starters.  Doesn't this feel like a glorified preseason game?

Now that being said - I think Allen is someone who should be in the mix for back up QB duties.  Develop the poo out of him.  If Cam's arm can't go, we have someone who has been groomed to take his place.

Does this remove the need for a developmental QB?  Yep.  Don't waste a draft pick.  This guy has been around the Panthers for the year, he's actually playing in a NFL game.  More than some dodgy rookie QB from a weak class.

It's exciting for now, and I'll take that.

1 hour ago, davos said:

This guy is obviously more suited for the NFL than Heineke. He's got zip and pocket awareness. Wtf what they evaluating at practices?

Our leadership's player evaluation skills are not exactly top notch.

Still not excited about a future with Rivera and Hurney in charge, but I'll give Allen credit. Yeah it's against backups and a vanilla defense, but he looks good. That touchdown pass to Thomas...damn!

On the flipside, I said in the gameday thread that if I had come into this game knowing that one of the quarterbacks was highly drafted while the other wasn't drafted at all, but not knowing which was which, I'd have their identities reversed right now. Bridgewater hasn't really looked that great.

Archived