• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers New Year Resolutions

Jeremy Igo

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:10 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

What are your suggestions for the Carolina Panthers new years resolutions?

Here are three from me.

1. Stop signing old players out of loyalty. 

2. Make an effort to improve clock management. 

3. Develop a Cam Newton contingency should his shoulder not last the 2019 season. 

In regards to #1.  How much of that was because of Richardson? Hurney? DG? Rivera?  

Pure speculation on my part but it didn't seem like Rivera and DG were always on the same page.

2 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

In regards to #1.  How much of that was because of Richardson? Hurney? DG? Rivera?  

Pure speculation on my part but it didn't seem like Rivera and DG were always on the same page.

Rivera has stated that he has a soft spot for veteran players and always wants them to be able to "leave on their own terms" because he didn't get to when he was playing.

Hurney was known to give new contracts as a reward for past service (Jake Delhomme being the prime example). When he returned to the job, he said he'd be less emotional about his decisions, after which he gave extensions to both an aging Thomas Davis and an injured Greg Olsen, then allowed Ryan Kalil to play out a "final lap" season with a large cap hit.

Basically, if you're looking for someone to rein in Ron Rivera's preference for older veterans, Marty Hurney is not that guy.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hurney was known to give new contracts as a reward for past service (Jake Delhomme being the prime example).

No, that is 100% completely wrong. Hurney gave Delhomme that ridiculous redo/extension on his contract because he was desperate for cap space due to his mismanagement of the Julius Peppers FT tag holdout among other things. Literally we didn't even have enough cap space available to sign draft picks. Hurney does give reward contracts, but also has given out contracts to cover his incompetence. 

It is inconceivable Tepper hasn't visited Hurneys' past and Marty still has a job. Either Tepper blows out Richardsons' final vestige or he is a complete failure as an owner.

Stop hanging from Tepper's sack. Dude is an OWNER...not a GM. He makes what kids call today " money moves" while the rest of us . even players....make penny/dollar moves.  He didnt buy this team to be that stereotypical and racist white knight to come in and whitewash all your white nightmares away. 

Tepper cares about football functions about as much as you Igo care about individual posters on this board. We are all just ants here clicking and providing content to make you money. I actually run a similar operation of user-generated content so I get it^^ 

I just wish the powers (mods/owner) here were not so seemingly blind to the fact Tepper is a billionaire and not in this game to make low level moves like coaching changes, player contracts...etc. Tepper should not be on the lips of so many posts complaining about what is wrong with this team

11 minutes ago, coralreefer_1 said:

Stop hanging from Tepper's sack. Dude is an OWNER...not a GM. He makes what kids call today " money moves" while the rest of us . even players....make penny/dollar moves.  He didnt buy this team to be that stereotypical and racist white knight to come in and whitewash all your white nightmares away. 

Tepper cares about football functions about as much as you Igo care about individual posters on this board. We are all just ants here clicking and providing content to make you money. I actually run a similar operation of user-generated content so I get it^^ 

I just wish the powers (mods/owner) here were not so seemingly blind to the fact Tepper is a billionaire and not in this game to make low level moves like coaching changes, player contracts...etc. Tepper should not be on the lips of so many posts complaining about what is wrong with this team

Why are you always talking about or bringing up certain parts of the male anatomy? Weird!

52 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Or try the alternate strategy of keep Hurney, keep Rivera, and yet expect that somehow things are going to get better :thinking:

A strategy Panther's fans recognize from years of use. Don't fret, the hope this year is analytics will solve obvious deficiencies and a poor historical performance. Problems solved!

Thank you for the Logo at Midfield. Now can you hire better employees please Mr. Tepper! This is not a McDonalds. Thank you

Archived