• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers could get as high as the 7th pick this year!

Jeremy Igo

I work things out to visually understand them--I will share what i have--in this  scenario, we are picking 10th. 

TEAM (estimated spot).....last game..........................primary need        

1.       Arizona

3-11

@ Seattle

Will trade out OT, WR, CB

2.       Oakland

4-11

@ KC

Edge Rusher, DB (4-3)

3.       NY Jets

4-11

@ New England

Edge Rusher (3-4)

4.       SF  

4-10

@ LA Rams

Edge Rusher  (4-3)

5.       Detroit

5-10

@ Green Bay (500)

DB, Edge Rusher  (4-3)

6.       NY Giants

5-10

Dallas (510)

QB, OT  (4-3)

7.       Buffalo

5-10

Miami (515)

OL, WR, CB (no need for edge)

8.       Tampa Bay

5-10

Atlanta (525)

DB, Edge Rusher/DE (4-3)

9.       Jacksonville

5-10

@ Houston (543)

Look for Jags to trade up to get a QB

10.    Carolina

6-9

@ New Orleans (490)

Edge Rusher, OL, S

11.   Atlanta

6-9

@ Tampa Bay (505)

Edge Rusher, OG, DT

12.   Cincinnati

6-9

@ Pittsburgh (535)

QB, CB, WR

13.   Denver

6-9

LA Chargers (535)

QB, WR, CB

14.   Green Bay

6-8-1

Detroit

Edge Rusher (3-4)

15.   Washington

7-8

Philadelphia (465)

(3-4)

16.   Miami

7-8

@ Buffalo (480)

THE FIRST PICK: The Arizona Cardinals are in need of an OT, WR, and CB—they are likely to pick first or second in this draft---they don't need to, based on needs.  Jacksonville is the team I expect to be most aggressively seeking a QB (not as many needs; coach and GM on hot seat)—they will trade up with Arizona to keep Oakland (possibly), the Giants,  Denver, and Cincinnati (possibly) from grabbing Herbert from Oregon.  I do not see Haskins or Grier generating that much interest, but they will probably go in the top 12 or so.  Look for Jacksonville to trade up with Arizona to take Justin Herbert, QB Oregon.  UPDATE: Just learned Herbert is going back to Oregon.  This could change this--depending how much Arizona's GM likes Grier or Haskins--I think they have to go get a QB.

Teams needing Defensive Ends/Edge Rushers: Oakland, San Francisco, and Detroit are 4-3 teams who will pick before the Panthers that are in need of Edge rushers.  Expect Nick Bosa to go the Raiders at #2 or the Niners at #3 .  The Jets (a 3-4 team needing an edge rusher) need pass protection, but they could take Josh Allen of KY.  Detroit and Tampa Bay are also needing an Edge Rusher, both 4-3 teams….So expect Allen, Ferrellm and Gary to be gone in the worst case scenario.

The Good News: 

I expect 2 QBs ( Haskins and maybe Grier) to be drafted in the top 10, while Lock has a shot if Denver or Cincinnati moves up to grab the third QB.  If there are three 4-3 DE’s taken in the top 9, If the Panthers are picking at 10, for example, there is a lot of talent left-only 4 other players can be taken before the 10th pick.  I am guessing Greg Little (T) and Greedy Williams (CB) will be taken very early.  Assuming they are all gone, and assuming the Panthers pick 10, here is who is likely off the board:

1. Herbert QB
  2. Bosa DE
  3. Williams CB
  4. Ferrell DE
  5. Haskins QB
  6. Gary DE
  7. Q. Williams DT
  8. Allen 3-4 OLB
  9. Greg Little OT

While this board might reflect the best possible scenario, there is talent left at need positions:

DE: Polite, Sweat (I would doubt 3 DEs go off the board in the top 10—especially if 3 QBs (Haskins, Herbert, and Grier) are taken early.  I  am guessing Ferrell or Gary will be available.

DT: Simmons and Oliver are the best, but there are many DTs that should be available rounds 1-3. I would understand either if DEs Bosa, Gary, Ferrell, and Allen (I think Allen can play 4-3 RDE).

S: Deionte Thompson would be available.  I still think Reid and Gaulden arre going to be solid, so I am not warm here.

C. Dalton Reisner would be available.  He is probably the safest pick--maybe the smartest, but it is not fun drafting a center in the top 10--trade back a few spots, maybe.

QB:  If there is a problem with Cam and we need a QB, Drew Lock might become the best QB in his draft.  We could move back and draft him.

If you are like me, you will be praying that one of the top edge players drops to us.  That makes the most sense.

Enjoy the feeding frenzy!

On 12/25/2018 at 10:47 AM, stbugs said:

If we lose, we’re screwed. Denver tanking last night hurt since the Chargers can get the #1 seed. GB could sit Aaron and lose. Atlanta has a worse SOS so we stay behind them. Miami sucks and will likely lose at Buffalo and the Redskins are out and Philly has to win. Bengals are playing Pittsburgh who has to win. All of those teams either finish 6-10 or 7-9 with a worse SOS.

It’s actually likely that we are 8th (Houston has a lot to lose so they’ll beat Jax) if we lose and with Denver tanking at Oakland we will likely get the 15th pick. It’s a complete disaster if we beat the Saints, almost a worst case because we have a worse SOS (good) than the potential 6 win teams but a better (bad) SOS than the potential 7 win teams.

We better rest everyone and let Teddy run wild or hope Payton knows that with a bye he doesn’t want his team too rusty.

How would you like to be "that guy" who dropped 4 bills on tickets to this game thinking it would be for the NFC South crown?  I noticed it on the schedule and pegged it to be a great game.

Archived