• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers could get as high as the 7th pick this year!

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I think other guys stock rose.. quinnin or whatever his name is has usurped him as the best interior dlineman. Factor that in with bosa going one and maybe a qb or 2 plus cbs like greedy Williams being a commodity and it’s easy to see him slide. Not that’s we should draft a defensive tackle when Love kwan and so on at serviceable.

how quickly some of us forget how bad our defensive ends are and agining. Peppers is gone as well likely.. honestly if we take a defensive tackle here we deserve a kick in the balls.

If he slides he should absolutely be the pick. I like him, if nothing else we can grab an edge rusher in the 2nd round. Dline needs a upgrade at all positions.

I think we address DE in FA or trade.

My realistic dream scenario is trade for Chandler Jones and draft Ed Oliver. Draft another DE in round 2.

That would fix our Dline.

11 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

If he slides he should absolutely be the pick. I like him, if nothing else we can grab an edge rusher in the 2nd round. Dline needs a upgrade at all positions.

I think we address DE in FA or trade.

My realistic dream scenario is trade for Chandler Jones and draft Ed Oliver. Draft another DE in round 2.

That would fix our Dline.

No and no... since when has a team ever traded or signed a good pass rusher without the gruden dumb stamp of approval? Even then they got a Kings ransom for Mack. This team is aging awfully and out side Defensive Edge rusher should be priority one in the draft. Gotta get younger there. We went butler a few years back and it set us back now is the time to address the edge in a Talented Defensive end group. 

These guys go fast and the best ones normally don’t make it past 15, Smart teams like the saints trade up and get there pass rusher.. fools say one will be there in the second round.

6 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

We need basically The equivalent of impact that Clowney,Bosa, and Garrett have had on there franchises. I can’t believe some of you are even thinking defensive tackle this early. Those types of talent don’t fall out of the top 10.

Those are top 3 picks or better.

You can't get those guys if they aren't available.

Im all for DE as well. I just like Oliver's potential over the DE's.

I would be happy with DE as the pick. I agree we need to get younger on the edge. We need some fresh legs who can get to the QB.

10 hours ago, Trill OG said:

Those are top 3 picks or better.

You can't get those guys if they aren't available.

Im all for DE as well. I just like Oliver's potential over the DE's.

I would be happy with DE as the pick. I agree we need to get younger on the edge. We need some fresh legs who can get to the QB.

That's true... I was just saying the type of impact we need to compete right away...I would gladly take the impact Davenport has given the saints pass rush and so on. 

Every Panthers fan should be wanting us to lose on Sunday. 1 meaningless win could dramatically affect this teams future. We are talking like 5 to 7 draft spots which is huge.

We can still cheer and support our guys but everyone inside the organization should know we need to lose. I wouldn't put it past ole Ron though to fug us over one last time.

4 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

That's true... I was just saying the type of impact we need to compete right away...I would gladly take the impact Davenport has given the saints pass rush and so on. 

Gotta agree, saints knocked it out the park again. They got shitted on for making that pick but Davenport looks like he is gonna be a beast and if he helps them get a superbowl this year or next it was well worth the trade. Pairing him with jordan has been lethal. Lot of teams are understanding you need at least 2 premium edge rushers in this passing league if you want to play good defense. The Panthers barely have one and we are supposed to be a defensive team.....Dallas has followed that formula too and its paid off. 2 of the most hated teams in the league have killed in the draft the last couple years, its really hard to hate on that. 

19 hours ago, Trill OG said:

Since when did Ed Oliver become a possibility?

I thought he was considered a top 5 pick. Did his stock fall?

From what McShay was saying on ESPN is a lot of people think he is a good bit smaller then his listed weight.  Also the pass rushing numbers really aren't there.

19 hours ago, Trill OG said:

Since when did Ed Oliver become a possibility?

I thought he was considered a top 5 pick. Did his stock fall?

It's a long shot for sure, def going to depend on the needs of the teams in front of the Panthers, but I could see it if they are at 7. What sucks is most of the teams picking above the Panthers won't be looking at QBs, with the exception of the Giants, Jaguars, and maybe the Bucs. 

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

It's a long shot for sure, def going to depend on the needs of the teams in front of the Panthers, but I could see it if they are at 7. What sucks is most of the teams picking above the Panthers won't be looking at QBs, with the exception of the Giants, Jaguars, and maybe the Bucs. 

Doesn't help the Oregon QB went back to college either. He was suppose to be the best QB in the draft.

Archived