• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which 2018 starters do you want starting in 2019?

Jeremy Igo

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

Think you'll be surprised by that contract and some of the things put into it for injury purposes

We gave him 11.1M as a signing bonus. We have only accounted for 3.7M so far. He has 7.4M left. You can’t get out of that. Maybe get a little back if he retires but it won’t be much. Because Olsen has the money already. 

What sort of injury clauses can possibly make guaranteed money not be paid

Specifics

OFFENSE

CMC--but we can't whip him into the ground like we did this year.  RR tends to do that.  He needs someone to relieve him, someone with a similar skill set (poor man's CMC).

Williams and Moton at T--If we draft a T and he can play, I have no problem moving Moton to LG--

Turner at RG.

Moore, Samuel, Wright are a good start---add a veteran free agent

Olsen/Thomas.  I think Olsen will be back, but I am OK with Thomas and Manhertz.\

Cam.  Our QB and if healthy, unstoppable.  If not OK, I have no problem with using our first rounder on a QB.

NEEDS TO ADDRESS:  C, LG, WR, possibly OT, depth at RB.

DEFENSE

Short and Poe:   Love will be 33, but he was arguably our best DT this season.  I think we need to let Butler walk and find a 3T and a NT in free agency.   Sign Love on for another year or two, get a DT in the draft.

Addison.  We are in dangerous territory at DE--Addison is getting old (32) and there is literally nothing behind him.  Drafting a 3-4 OLB in the fourth round may have been a good idea at the time, as it was when we drafted E. Brown and E. Norwood.

Bradberry and Jackson.  We need a nickel.

Reid. Adams was BAD down the stretch. 

Kuechly and Davis.  Davis may need an apprentice, but I am not at all for bringing Thompson back.

DEFENSIVE NEEDS TO ADDRESS:  3t DT, LDE, RDE, OLB, S, Nickel

Cam, turner, cmc, Moore, Samuel, Olsen, short, Poe (not half as bad as a lot around here say), Luke, TD, maybe Thompson (upgrade if we can in the middle of the draft), bradberry, Jackson, Reid. Not many need to be replaced, just the majority of the OL and the two DEs and a safety. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Marshall Newhouse certainly wasn't great, but Chris Clark was awful.

I do find myself wondering what our season would have been like if we had gone in with Moton starting on the left and Newhouse on the right.

I said this exact thing about 2 weeks ago and got roasted haha.  Some people on here think Clark is legit, which just about sums up 90% of the huddle's football IQ

2 hours ago, PantherNation123 said:

I said this exact thing about 2 weeks ago and got roasted haha.  Some people on here think Clark is legit, which just about sums up 90% of the huddle's football IQ

Preferring Newhouse at LT over Clark is like saying I prefer to have a bucket at LT instead of a cone... I  guess the bucket is a little bigger so there is a better chance the defender trips...

QB: Cam

RB: CMC

WR: Moore

WR: Samuel

WR: Wright or possible competition

TE: Thomas

LT: Moton

LG: competition

C: Larsen or competion

RG: Turner

RT: Williams

DL: competition across the board, straight up. I want to see talent added a both DE and DT.

OLB: competiton

MLB: Luke

CB: Bradberry

CB: Jackson

NB: competition

FS: competition

SS: competition

As you can see, I think we have a lot more questions on the defense than the offense. In fact, I think we may have more questions than answers on defense.

13 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Preferring Newhouse at LT over Clark is like saying I prefer to have a bucket at LT instead of a cone... I  guess the bucket is a little bigger so there is a better chance the defender trips...

I don't even necessarily prefer Newhouse, which should tell you how bad he is.... I was stating that Clark was absolute ASS, and people rushed to his defense.  I was initially shocked, but then reminded myself this is the Huddle, where almost everyone has terribly little football knowledge

Moton, CMC, Williams, Turner, Jackson, Bradberry, Luke, TD (for a fair deal), Moore, Samuel, Thomas, Reid (for cheap)

As you can see, arguing dline vs oline, there is NO ONE we have worth starting on the Dline. Sure KK, Addison, Love will be around but lord we need someone. DE and LT in draft

1 hour ago, ImfromClayton said:

We we need to make some changes but we’re not the Jets either. If cam doesn’t take that TJ watt hit, this is a different conversation. 

I'm not so sure. Heinicke stated he was taking the majority of the practice stats as early as the Ravens week. The Watt hit didn't help, but the shoulder was already an issue prior to the Pittsburgh game. 

Archived