• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What to do?

N1kkadeemuz

So I have a co-worker who I started hanging out with. At first him and his wife and me and my wife got along fine. Now the wives are still good but me and him don't see eye to eye on a lot of things and he one of those guys that "knows" everything. He can "tell" you everything from what type of sportbike to buy to whats wrong with your marriage.

The best part is he's my boss.

But he keeps wanting to hang out and always calls me to go out to a bar or watch a game. He's an alright cat but man I don't feel like making a pissing contest I just want to chill.

So do I need to quit being a punk about it or what?

So I have a co-worker who I started hanging out with. At first him and his wife and me and my wife got along fine. Now the wives are still good but me and him don't see eye to eye on a lot of things and he one of those guys that "knows" everything. He can "tell" you everything from what type of sportbike to buy to whats wrong with your marriage.

The best part is he's my boss.

But he keeps wanting to hang out and always calls me to go out to a bar or watch a game. He's an alright cat but man I don't feel like making a pissing contest I just want to chill.

So do I need to quit being a punk about it or what?

So you're tired of this guy telling you what to do... so you come here and ask us what you should do?

Mixing work with pleasure, especially when it's your boss, is always an iffy venture. Going out for post-work drinks is one thing, getting the wives and all together is a completely different one. I don't know if I can really give you any advice on this. It pretty much is what it is at this point. You've made the bed and what not. Like others have said, maybe try steering the conversation topics away from those which tend to rub you the wrong way... but tread perilously. Good luck, bro.

I thought I chimed in on this.

The cat is out of the bag nik. So what ya gotta do is wean him off of you guys. Remember how you got your kid off of the bottle/blanky?

Time leads to distance leads to freedom.

Hangout as much as you can. Then let two weeks go by and hang. Next time 3.

Just get me a Newcastle next time im in Chucktown.

Archived