• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty is "reconciling some things"

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

God I hope not. He is not coaching material. 

lol

punch joke or....

Maybe Ron feels he needs some more toughness if the lack of focus in the LR was really an issue as TD/Kalil/Olsen have been saying. Oh and Muhammad for that matter said the same thing. /shrug

3 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

lol

punch joke or....

Maybe Ron feels he needs some more toughness if the lack of focus in the LR was really an issue as TD/Kalil/Olsen have been saying. Oh and Muhammad for that matter said the same thing. /shrug

He is a player. He is a pit bull. He was never a good mentor as a player. Not all great players are coaching material. 

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Smitty was a great player but I absolutely think he'd make a horrific coach. I think part of the reason why we never developed another WR during Smitty's time here is because of Smitty. He rides guys to the point of breaking them down and stifling them. Thats not what good coaches do.

Some respond well to that style... more so in the past. Nowadays, you gotta give millennials ice cream truck visits and days off after shitty performances.

18 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

That'd be interesting given that when he was let go, he called Rivera a coward.

Just now, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Millennials are in their 30s now and their ranks include Thomas Davis and Ryan Kalil.  Work on your complaint game grandpa.

I'm 29 with no children. Not a grandfather at the moment. Will report back in 30 years.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That'd be interesting given that when he was let go, he called Rivera a coward.

Well he was right about that. Can you hold someone at odds when they tell you the straight truth about yourself?

Good leaders keep numerous people like that around them.(once again though, not that it means Smitty's other traits make him a good coach or anything)

4 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Lol.. Everything you say is so funny. He's retired.. Let it go. I keep trying to figure out whose alt this is

Honestly there have been like 10 or so of these new people coming in, mostly after Cam was hurt/getting ragged on/sat.

Archived