• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Gordon Facing Another Indefinite Supspension.. "Steps Away" from Pats

Skack25

4 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

In the game of “what’s the lesser evil” I'd prefer the guy who is above average and shows up, works hard, doesn’t break the law over the HOF type talent that can’t get his act together despite being given multiple opportunities to do so.

That’s not a pick. I understand your opinion. But let’s say you had to devils advocate.

A) Prescription Painkillers

B) Weed

C) Alchohol

D) Hard Drugs

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It doesn't matter because the existing rules are what determine what happens to Gordon.

How you, me or anybody else feels about those rules doesn't mean s--t.

Is this really that difficult a concept to grasp?

Again, an arbitrator can retroactively choose if they choose to do so. 

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

It’s just weed. Give the dude a break. It’s not like he’s beating women. 

As a stoner, I can't agree with such ignorance. 

If the job you love, has a no weed policy, then it's  very simple decision. 

If you can't make that decision, then you are a fuging idiot, and deserve all the stupidity that you bring upon your own life. 

4 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

As a stoner, I can't agree with such ignorance. 

If the job you love, has a no weed policy, then it's  very simple decision. 

If you can't make that decision, then you are a fuging idiot, and deserve all the stupidity that you bring upon your own life. 

I don’t disagree with you. My point is the NFL has bigger fish to fry, in their own fault. Yes, if he is doing PED’s, or hard drugs. Or breaching his contract(which I believe includes no alcohol). He’s at fault. But I’m pointing the finger at the NFL in this discussion. 

Everyone knows weed is not physically addictive, it’s only mental per person. 

11 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

That’s not a pick. I understand your opinion. But let’s say you had to devils advocate.

A) Prescription Painkillers

B) Weed

C) Alchohol

D) Hard Drugs

So if we say alcohol, are we saying the employee shows up drunk to work or that consuming alcohol is just part of their lifestyle?

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Take your pick. I’ll leave that part up to you. 

If we are saying they partake in alcohol but know how to control themselves I would say that’s acceptable as it’s legal for those over 21. Showing up to work intoxicated is another story. 

No different than Benjamin with food. If you can't stop indulging in something for the sake of your career then you have a problem, doesn't matter what it is.

It's way past time for the NFL to allow cannabis instead of forcing these guys to pop pills for recovery but let's not pretend like that's what's happening here. If it was purely medicinal for him he wouldn't be going to rehab for it. 

Archived