• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Gordon Facing Another Indefinite Supspension.. "Steps Away" from Pats

Skack25

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

The NFL isn’t prescribing anything, that’s our healthcare system. The NFL just like any other employer have rules that are to be followed. He didn’t just break a rule multiple times. He broke the law. Doesn’t matter if folks think it a a “stupid law.” Just follow the damn rules and earn your paycheck and cement your legacy. Too much damn talent wasted. 

This really isn't a difficult thing to understand, or at least it shouldn't be.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

But until that happens, he and everybody else still have to obey the existing rules.

Which opens a whole bother can of worms, with all the law changes coming about surrounding weed. 

My point is should they be worried about a dude doing a little MJ, or beating little MJ, which they ignored in multiple instances until they had no choice. Simply for the fact it boosts ratings.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I actually have ripped the NFL over both the Ray Rice and the Kareem Hunt situations (Josh Brown too). If you haven't seen those, you're either not paying attention or just bulls-iting.

I'm also pretty sure Hernandez went to jail, and I don't really recall a whole lot of people defending him (outside of Patriots fans maybe).

The NFL seems to be doing just fine regardless of it all. People aren't going to quit watching. Especially the way offenses are scoring now.

If none of the things we've discussed here put even a dent in overall viewership which is ultimately the bottom line, nobody gives a damn about an athlete smoking weed. It's nothing more than a facade for the league to act as if they are doing something noble.

People all around the world do things or don't do things to keep their jobs, some are required much more stressful and strenuous conditions than not smoking weed and for a lot less money. That's the way the world works, try and change it all you want but don't whine and cry when you become a statistic because you weren't strong or smart enough to play by the rules.

I quit feeling sorry for this guy years ago - what an idiot.

On a separate note, when is the NFL going to open its eyes and realize that marijuana is probably a better alternative for pain management than oxycodon.  Crazy that states have legalized marijuana and players can't even partake in those states where it is legal.  

6 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

The NFL isn’t prescribing anything, that’s our healthcare system. The NFL just like any other employer have rules that are to be followed. He didn’t just break a rule multiple times. He broke the law. Doesn’t matter if folks think it a a “stupid law.” Just follow the damn rules and earn your paycheck and cement your legacy. Too much damn talent wasted. 

I’d rather someone have smoked a J, than be on perscription pay killers, alcohol, or hard drugs when I roll up on a dangerous workplace. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

It doesn't matter if it's "just weed". It's against the rules, and the same rules apply to every player.

As long as there's rules are in place, you either obey them or face the consequences. Whether or not you think they're fair is irrelevant.

If only this logic could be applied to things outside of football. 

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Which opens a whole bother can of worms, with all the law changes coming about surrounding weed. 

My point is should they be worried about a dude doing a little MJ, or beating little MJ, which they ignored in multiple instances until they had no choice. Simply for the fact it boosts ratings.

And again "should" doesn't mean anything.

Until things change, "is" is all that matters.

I have zero problems with NFL players smoking weed.

I have zero problems with the NFL imposing sanctions when players break the CBA.

I do have a slight problem with the NFL's policy of being "guilty before proven innocent", but "innocent until proven guilty" isn't something that is really a thing anymore to be honest.

I am in favor of removing weed from the CBA, but until they do, I don't see how you can get all up in arms about this.  It's a dumb rule, but a rule that every single one of them know about, and signed on to obey.

17 minutes ago, TheRed said:

That change has been in the works for years. Even North Carolina has begun discussing it. Don't be disingenuous.

I’m hoping we get it on the county ballots in 2020 in Mc, Orange, Durham and What ever county Raleigh is. Not sure about Mc but the other three are decriminalized.  

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’d rather someone have smoked a J, than be on perscription pay killers, alcohol, or hard drugs when I roll up on a dangerous workplace. 

How about none of the above? Professionalism isn’t for everyone though and in that event, you lose your profession. *Shrugs*

Archived