• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh Gordon Facing Another Indefinite Supspension.. "Steps Away" from Pats

Skack25

3 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Mr. Scot, if you want to live in the 1950's that's your call, but ease up on the "*gasp* THAT STUFF IS ILLEGAL" silliness.

People here easily forgave players like Thomas Davis getting suspended for PED's, but want to turn around and ban Josh Gordon for life.

I'm not defending him for f*cking up, clearly the guy needs some help beyond just weed, his lifestyle has been an issue, but the hand wringing over the morality of marijuana is cringe. Tone it down.

You brought up morality, or an emotional response. Scot brought up law.  

43 minutes ago, TheRed said:

The NFL somehow couldn't get a hold of the Kareem Hunt footage themselves, but they can end a guys career over marijuana. Pitiful.

As much as I hate to do it, you get a pie.

the NFL is sounding more and more like the WWE, then a reputable organization every day. Bullshit they didn’t get the footage. 

What an idiot.

hes done if true.

that will be the end of Flash Gordon.

wow— I love a lot of bad things— love them,.. but living is important,.. work is important,.. and I’m not working for millions a year.

Josh could have been something special,.. could have been the best receiver of his generation. 

Wasted— he’s the poster child of why drugs need to continue to be illegal—kills all motivation. Drugs cause a “Fcuk it” mentality.

medical for prescription I’m all for,... but otherwise they get it right with wanting them to stay illegal—

ive seen so many people over the years go from good fathers, good workers, promising and bright to turds

my best friend is now homeless and divorced... even I had to turn him away.

and he just smokes weed,.. worthless now and heartbreaking.

so it’s not just a plant idiots

14 minutes ago, Gators33319 said:

Weed has medicinal value and is not addictive. That poo shouldn't even be enough for a suspension.

Trust and believe the substance  that Josh can't shake isn't weed, but something much worse like Xans or cocaine.

Except if your Marshawn Lynch and create a literal earthquake cause he ate about 200mg of gummies.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Again, that's not the point.

If you want to change things, work to change them.

But until they get changed, you have to obey the current rules. If you don't, then you face the consequences.

If you're not smart enough to get that, well...

That change has been in the works for years. Even North Carolina has begun discussing it. Don't be disingenuous.

Since you're all about working to change things. Why aren't you asking why the NFL sat on the Ray Rice and Kareem Hunt tapes? There's simply no possibility that a billion dollar company lacked the means of obtaining that material in either situation. But I don't see you posturing about working to change the league that has no problem sweeping instances of beating up women under the rug as long as the money keeps rolling in.

Regardless, I hope Gordon gets the help he needs. It just baffles me that some fans get this judgemental over an athlete smoking weed, but when someone like Aaron Hernandez turns out to be a literal murderer, fans just turn around and say "what can ya do?" and keep drinking beer and yelling at the tv on gamedays.

8 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

The man signed an agreement paying him millions a year to play a game.  Part of that agreement stipulated not to use illegal drugs.

Note: I'm in favor of legalization of weed.

Even in states where pot is now legal, companies can terminate their employees for using it.

That is very true, but once it because legal/decriminalized federally that changes the entire landscape. Look at Canada. 

16 minutes ago, TheRed said:

People here easily forgave players like Thomas Davis getting suspended for PED's, but want to turn around and ban Josh Gordon for life.

I'm not defending him for f*cking up, clearly the guy needs some help beyond just weed, his lifestyle has been an issue, but the hand wringing over the morality of marijuana is cringe. Tone it down.

Considering he probably should have been taking supplements(that had banned substances) considering the amount of injury he’s received playing football, so his body isn’t fuged in 10 years. 

Exactly.

5 minutes ago, TheRed said:

That change has been in the works for years. Even North Carolina has begun discussing it. Don't be disingenuous.

Since you're all about working to change things. Why aren't you asking why the NFL sat on the Ray Rice and Kareem Hunt tapes? There's simply no possibility that a billion dollar company lacked the means of obtaining that material in either situation. But I don't see you posturing about working to change the league that has no problem sweeping instances of beating up women under the rug as long as the money keeps rolling in.

Regardless, I hope Gordon gets the help he needs. It just baffles me that some fans get this judgemental over an athlete smoking weed, but when someone like Aaron Hernandez turns out to be a literal murderer, fans just turn around and say "what can ya do?" and keep drinking beer and yelling at the tv on gamedays.

I actually have ripped the NFL over both the Ray Rice and the Kareem Hunt situations (Josh Brown too). If you haven't seen those, you're either not paying attention or just bulls-iting.

I'm also pretty sure Hernandez went to jail, and I don't really recall a whole lot of people defending him (outside of Patriots fans maybe).

1 hour ago, CatTower said:

NFL is going to come out looking like fools on his one.  Over prescribing painkillers but killing a guy's career for smoking a plant.  Get out of the stone age.

The NFL isn’t prescribing anything, that’s our healthcare system. The NFL just like any other employer have rules that are to be followed. He didn’t just break a rule multiple times. He broke the law. Doesn’t matter if folks think it a a “stupid law.” Just follow the damn rules and earn your paycheck and cement your legacy. Too much damn talent wasted. 

50 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Drug detection times

Please use these figures as a guide only:

• Alcohol: 3-5 days in urine, 10-12 hours in blood
  • Amphetamines: 1-3 days in urine and around 12 hours in blood
  • Barbiturates: 2-4 days in urine and 1-2 days in blood
  • Benzodiazepines: 3-6 weeks in urine and 2-3 days in blood
  • Cannabis: 7-30 days in urine and up to 2 weeks in blood
  • Cocaine: 3-4 days in urine and 1-2 days in blood
  • Codeine: 1 day in urine and up to 12 hours in blood
  • Heroin: 3-4 days in urine and up to 12 hours in blood
  • LSD: 1-3 days in urine and up to 2-3 hours in blood
  • MDMA (ecstasy): 3-4 days in urine and 1-2 days in blood
  • Methamphetamine (crystal meth): 3-6 days in urine and 24 - 72 hours in blood
  • Methadone: 3-4 days in urine and 24-36 hours in blood
  • Morphine: 2-3 days in urine and 6-8 hours in blood

Almost all the heavy drugs are out of your system quickly.  For a guy like Gordon, who works out a lot, probably even quicker.  So, what exactly is it?  

I adore how that list doesn’t include psilocybin. 

Archived