• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok, let's talk Atlanta Falcons

Jeremy Igo

43 minutes ago, aGDevil2k said:

We are one game up on Tampa and Atlanta.  Finishing 3rd or 4th gives an easier schedule for next year.  Also gives a better draft pick. That's all that matters

Our finish impacts a whopping two games. The rest of schedule was set before this season started. 

Beat the dirty birds. Worry about the draft in April/May/whenever it is.

Right now we would be 14th in the draft and Atlanta would be 10th.  If they beat us it would pretty much switch.  I'm not advocating for tanking/rooting for a loss considering things like the fact that Michael Thomas was drafted well after we took Vernon Butler, but you can also consider times like 2016 where the Bucs beating us in a meaningless game to end the season got them OJ Howard at like 19th and we got CMC at 8...so. Yeah.  DL depth is a big thing and help will be there in the first round.  With that said, sometimes when you're in that 10 range, players who should have been drafted far higher end up there just because teams panic about QBs and such.  I can be happy either way too cause I'm definitely gonna be in the same seat I've been since we've existed and I'm not going to sit there and root for us to lose to the Falcons.

Bittersweet game but I am leaning toward that draft pick.

We could feel good about beating the Falcons for a day or feel good about sweeping them for years to come with a nasty DE prospect or DT.

This draft is top heavy with Dlineman with a shallow QB class, and per usual teams will reach for QBs which mean a nice Dlineman is bound to fall.

If anything I hope we trade back into the first to take 2 defensive linemen. This draft is loaded with talent on the D line and I think it would be a good year to take advantage of it. With Daryl William's returning next year at OT, and Moton has done as good as anyone could hope as much as he has been switching around like musical chairs on the depth chart. 

17 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I want to beat Atlanta in the worst way. I dislike their fans immensely. Sunday is also my birthday and I will be at the stadium a d am tired of walking down the ramp and hearing opposing fans doing all the smack talking.

THIS 

Seems most folks wanting to tank for a draft pick don't actually go the games. Otherwise I can't imagine wanting to go and watch dirty bird fans celebrate a win in our house. I want to be there along with 60,000 other Panther fans to tell Matty Lice to get the hell off our field....

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Seems most folks wanting to tank for a draft pick don't actually go the games. Otherwise I can't imagine wanting to go and watch dirty bird fans celebrate a win in our house. I want to be there along with 60,000 other Panther fans to tell Matty Lice to get the hell off our field....

Sunday this flies into BoA. Do we really want to

get beat by this?.....

Image result for beaky buzzard gif

On 12/20/2018 at 1:27 PM, CRA said:

not sure Julio has practiced yet this week. 

I mean, both teams frankly are at the point where they probably are evaluating who no longer needs to play through injuries. 

They’re gonna kick our asses up and down the field on Sunday. Won’t be very close. But at least they’ll play themselves out of a higher pick. 

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

They've probably tuned out completely already.  Whats it even like to root for the Falcons for the sake of a few draft spots?  Do they cheer when matty lice throws a TD then thow up in their mouth and swallow it?  And then when the draft comes around and both teams get pretty comparable players.... ouch.  I'll just take the win now and feel good the day, thank you.

Archived