• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So ... How well will Taylor Heinicke perform?

Jeremy Igo

10 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I feel like it is almost a certainty that Cam won't play Sunday. Rivera just doesn't want to give Atlanta a heads up (like it even matters anyways)

Taylor Heinicke was an underdog to win the backup QB position, but won it. So he has that going for him. 

What happens if he comes out and lights it up against Atlanta? 

He's going to perform like he did in pre-season - terribly 

10 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

If he lights it up it won't mean much other than he had a good game.  If he lights it up in the final game also then one has to wonder how Ron thought a one armed Newton gave them the best chance to win during that 6 game skid.

Let's not beat around the bush this move is still Rivera trying to save his job. He just didn't have the balls to sit Cam and risk his job on it. Now he can say no matter what he didn't have a choice.

Just now, Snake said:

Let's not beat around the bush this move is still Rivera trying to save his job. He just didn't have the balls to sit Cam and risk his job on it. Now he can say no matter what he didn't have a choice.

Every move he makes is under the microscope.  He's been auditioning for his job the moment the team went up for sale.  So yes, the decision to continue to play Cam was a factor in that. 

Personally I don't think he had nefarious intentions in doing so, more of an error in judgement.  He has quite a bit of those.

He's got a lot of red in his ledger.

54 minutes ago, KendrickPanther said:

I'm more interested in how our young WRs look with his downfield passing. If they just run and dink, Ill be disappointed.

It will be interesting to see what the three young playmakers with a qb that can throw a deep ball. It might open up the offense. Heineke can also run a bit. 

Archived