• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So ... How well will Taylor Heinicke perform?

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, Manther said:

Cam took some nasty hits Monday.  Let him heal.  Heinke will do just fine.

No sense in playing Cam now. Rest the shoulder and see what Heinke can do for real.  If a miracle happens and we go 2-0 and both Skins and Vikes go 0-2 (not likely)  then Heinke gets playoff experience.

I honestly fear for any other QB not named Cam Newton behind this OL.

Just a few lapses in pocket awareness, and you could be sending a guy straight to IR.

You think Heinicke makes it through a full game with defenders going helmet first into his throwing shoulder at full speed?

I’d honestly look forward to see how he does. He seems to have a pretty good arm and has some mobility. I would be surprised to see some interceptions though. Also, he’s been practicing with the first team once a week since Cam has been hurt so he should have more cohesiveness with the starters than an average backup would.

300 yards 2td 1int--

If this seems crazy let me go over how I see it Samuels gets open for a deep pass every game so I'm estimating 80 DJ vs Atl DBs id say a hundred or more. Put CMC down for 60 and I'd put 13-80-17(idk about his heart since the demotion) but those three account for about 50-70 giving him close to or above 3 bills. We have guys who can make house calls or chunk plays happen consistently but haven't been able to get the ball in a position to create more Yac whatever reasons (shoulder-timing-footwork) whatever it may be I believe we are going to see the speed and power the speed and power are young core possesses.

Just now, OneBadCat said:

I'd like to see how he does. I also want to see just how this o-line performs with a traditional QB. 

That is something I have thought about as well, does all the read option, less traditional run game and lineman not knowing if the QB is going to move outside the pocket or not actually make their job more difficult? Obviously Cam has bailed them out plenty but also sometimes his mobility can be his detriment whereas small, subtle movements are more effective inside the pocket.

I can tell you what this offense will look like with a "traditional" QB behind center.

If the run game is working, the results could be alright. If not? Well think how things went in 2016/2017 when we either struggled to or flat out couldn't run the ball. Only this time, no Cam Newton to pick up the slack. Or open up things for other skill players either. Basically, if we can't run the ball, the defense is just going to sit back and tee off against the QB all game.

Archived