• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So ... How well will Taylor Heinicke perform?

Jeremy Igo

It would be great if Taylor comes in and gets the W against the crows, and certainly would make my Christmas a little brighter. But I just hope Cam can find a way to get the shoulder/arm squared away in the off-season. He's the heart and soul of this franchise. I'd hate to see this be a career ender for him. 

It's not unusual for a backup QB to have a decent game.  1) teams don't have as much footage to pick up their tendencies and weaknesses, 2) nobody expects much from them and keep their game pretty simple and 3) everyone else knows they have to step up to make up for the weakness.   

He's got a live arm.  He also seems to be quite heady.  ODU isn't Oklahoma or OSU but they ran a pretty good offense so who knows how he'll handle being #1 man.

I hope he plays and I hope he does well.   

I damn sure hope so since I gotta get up at 2am to watch him. 

Christmas in the Philippines  

For all your former Navy, Marines and AF.   I fly into Clark (old AFB) and stay in Olongapo City (Subic Bay)

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I feel like it is almost a certainty that Cam won't play Sunday. Rivera just doesn't want to give Atlanta a heads up (like it even matters anyways)

Taylor Heinicke was an underdog to win the backup QB position, but won it. So he has that going for him. 

What happens if he comes out and lights it up against Atlanta? 

He will become the next Matt Moore

I'm pretty sure he could have a mediocre game and as long as we in a substantial portion of the fanbase will be demanding we cut Cam immediately :p

Regardless, two games is not a large enough sample size to make a decision on his future long term, but a couple decent games will certainly go a long way to ensuring he's on the roster next year - at least into preseason.

I guarantee his passes look better and gives us a better chance to win. Defenses are stacking the box because they know Cam cant throw deep. I think this shows the talent we have in CMC and his stats would look even better if we had a passing game. 

Archived